• Tweets

• The answers to the questions: 1Date of the infringement: 08/03 2024 2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] I did not receive any notice to keeper.  [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s The scanned PCN received on 17/04/2024 is in the initial post.  3 Date received only received keeper liability notice.  4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Give answer here: Yes  5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Give answer here: No but I didn't receive the initial PCN.  6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Give answer here: No  Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here: No 7 Who is the parking company? Give answer here: Parking control management (UK) ltd 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Give answer here: Royal leisure park, London W3.  For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Give answer here: IAS There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here: No.  Copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... …….... In either case scan up bothsides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  
    • typo just remove it dont expect them to comply and dont wait for them to do so. file our bland defence on time on mcol regardless dx
    • dump stepchange do it yourself! esp if some of the debts are historic and or could be subject t oany IRL complaints in the pipe line. stepchange simply advise to blindly paY DEBTS NEVER ACTUALLY HELP CHECK IRL OR ENFORCABILITY.(opps caps) as for this debt. then surely he should have some of his payments returned too>? the typical IRL action is to remove all interest then that leaves just the principle sum to pay.  then deduct from thAT sum any payments made, then either request remaining paYMENT TO REACH PRINCIPLE SUM OR REFUND any EXCESS paid + 8% simple int . dx
    • Thanks guys, that's reassuring. Let's say hypothetically, I went to court and I beat them. What would be the potential consequences of that for them? Would they be forced to leave the residence?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Have I been mis-sold PPI?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have read through a number of threads but still find myself a little confused as to whether or not I have been mis-sold PPI. Can anyone confirm if any of the following constitutes the mis-selling of PPI:

1) Whilst the PPI was shown seperately on the face of my loan agreement interest was added to the full amount.

2) My loan was repayable over 7 years and my PPI only covers me for 5, this was never mentioned when taking out the PPI.

3) A couple of months into the loan I attempted to cancel the PPI but was told I would need to refinance it by taking out a loan to the same value of the PPI, an option I never took up.

4) It was not asked if I had any other form of insurance that covered me for the same thing or indeed that there were alternatives.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3) A couple of months into the loan I attempted to cancel the PPI but was told I would need to refinance it by taking out a loan to the same value of the PPI, an option I never took up.

you have the right to cancel the ppi also you need to contact the FSA about the insurance cover you already have mentioning the fact that you had made them aware of your insurance status.in fact the loan should be cheaper and if they are trying to increase the loan, i think they are on a hiding to nothing...did you sign for the ppi or did you feel that undue preaure was brought upon you to sign...if so this is mis selling...first of all put your complaint to the FSA explain the undue preasure and your own alternative cover..it is very likely you may be able to reclaim whatever you paid into this ppi...

patrickq1

Hello isubiela,

Hi all,

I have read through a number of threads but still find myself a little confused as to whether or not I have been mis-sold PPI. Can anyone confirm if any of the following constitutes the mis-selling of PPI:

1) Whilst the PPI was shown seperately on the face of my loan agreement interest was added to the full amount. (Mis-sold)

2) My loan was repayable over 7 years and my PPI only covers me for 5, this was never mentioned when taking out the PPI. (Mis-sold)

4) It was not asked if I had any other form of insurance that covered me for the same thing or indeed that there were alternatives. (Mis-sold)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

To get you started have a look through these links. IMO you have a case to reclaim.

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

For claims before 2005 and the FSA ruling from which campaign

How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

Quick check: were you mis-sold? - How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

This is a little snippet from the above link....

Can I reclaim on any PPI policy?

Your claim for compensation is dependent on when you took the insurance. PPI sales only came under the jurisdiction of the FSA on 14 January 2005. Any sales made before then are not covered by the latest rules.

However, it may still be worth complaining to your lender if you feel you have been mis-sold. If you bought before January 2005 it is likely that they will have been covered by a previous regime of rules. This means that the Financial Ombudsman Service will be able to consider these complaints. If you took PPI after January 2005, your claim is subject to the latest rules.

Once you have decided then the first action is to send a Subject Access Request with the statutory £10.00 fee.

Template letters here:

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

Full SAR for ppi

In your SAR you should specifically request the following:

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

A copy of the needs and wants/ customer duty of care questionnaire... here is an example.

http://wwwa.mbna.co.uk/insurance/files/CP0608_INSU_MB_LP_S.pdf

Copies of any notes made by LTSB staff in their dealings with you.

There is much more information in here that should help you along the way.

links

good luck;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.