Employer advertising job and I haven't handed in my notice!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I asked my employer (an independent school) to reduce my working hours as 45 - 48 hours per week in September would cause me childcare problems. I have been in this job 2 years.

They basically said no and are putting pressure on me to hand in my notice next week, even though they know I haven't got another job. My contract says I have to give 1 month so effectively I don't need to resign until August 7th.

What's more they have advertised my job and the closing date is early June.

Where do I stand??

As Andrew says, don't hand in your notice. If they pressure you into leaving a job which you don't actually want to leave, they could be opening themselves up to a tribunal for constructive dismissal.

If you have a union or something similar, i'd recommend that you have a chat with them about this.

fix (vb.):

1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view;

2. to work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences that are worse than the original problem.

Usage: "Vista fixes many of the shortcomings of Windows XP".

Guest Old_andrew2018

Have you considered looking at the ACAS web-page you find information about flexible working to start take a look at this link,

Acas - Parents and carers

gkmotorsport is correct in talking about constructive dismissal, however be careful as you can not simply resign and go down this route, there is a process.

You could ask forum members with HR expertise to look at your thread, they may be able to offer advice.

Regards

Andy