pre payment meter estimations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i lived in a small flat for a year which had a pre-payment meter for electricity. when i first moved in there was a debt on the meter so i had to phone n-power to sort this out and i also gave a meter reading. after a while i recieved a leter saying they wanted to come and read the meter. i explained that the flat i lived in had no door bell or intercom so they would have to ring me when they were ther so i could let them in, as i was on the fourth floor and had no other way of knowing when they arrived. On the evening of the day they should have read the meter i found a card had been posted stating they had been and i was out! even though i'd waited in all day! the engineer had come and just knocked on the main entrance door of the block of flats so i obviously didnt hear them. this happened several times untill i gave up contacting them as they weren't listening!

I moved out in november 2007 then in jan. 2008 i started recieving letters from n-power saying i owed them £166 for electricity! I had presumed that as i was on a prepayment meter that i was paying for the electricity before i used it, but n-power say that as i wouldnt let them in (!!!) to check the meter it wasnt set to the correct tarriff and i wasn't pre-paying enough! i am now being harrassed by buchanan clarke and wells!

Iv asked for some sort of proof from bc&w that this is now a correct bill as i dont believe n-power have since managed to get in to read the meter but it isnt forthcoming and i just get more phone calls from bc&w!

One woman at bc&w told me the bill wasnt due to the reading but it was an electricity debt from December 2007+, i explained i didnt live there then and sent them proof. The next time they phoned they said they hadnt recieved it then the next time they said that it wasnt a bill from that period at all! so they just seem to be making it up as they go along!

Should i just ignore them, as it was n-powers fault that they didnt read check the meter? iv tried to explain that i was paying on a prepayment meter but bc&w seem to be vile people who just keep lying and phoning constantly!