i need help quick please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i really need help about what to do.

i have been suspended from work on suspision on theft, having an unauthorised person in a staff only area and attempting to coerce another staff member to lie for me!

this is totally untrue and i dont know what to do, my disiplinary hearing is tomorrow.

ill try and give you a quick overview on what happened, on monday may 4th it was a bank holiday and i was in charge of the shop for a 4hr shift ( i am supervisor) once we closed my sister in law came to meet me and i stupidly took her upstairs with me and another staff member when i was closing/cashing up. she wasnt in the cash office but she was upstairs.

our takings for that day were 330 pounds and i posted it into the secure part of the safe(where they lie for a week till securicor comes to get them) me and 2 other staff members (manager and another supervisor) have access to this secure part of the safe.

the next day my manager opened the safe to count the previous weeks bankings for securicor and dosnt recall id mondays money was there or not. the following monday the other supervisor opened the safe to prepare the bankings and it was 330 short! so its obviously that days takings are missing.

so long and short of it is im being used as a scape goat and they have suspended me, no one else. i am 6mnths pregnant also.

the girl i was on with that day is 18 and said in her investigation that she felt intimidated by me to say she seen me posting the money (which i in NO way insinuated!!)

so i dont know where i stand, i didnt steal anything. the only thing im guilty of is having my sil upstairs which i shouldnt have had.

they have not a scrap of evidence to support that i stole anything!!

im stressing out as i know im going to get fired and will lose all my smp:sad::sad:

ive worked there 2yrs in sept.

thank you for reading if you got to the end!!

Hi nicoleaimee.

I don't have any answers, myself, but I have sent a message to another Team Member who is au-fait with employment matters.

Sit tight and keep an eye on this thread.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Has there been a full investigation into this? Given that others had access to the safe - have they been interviewed - how have they come to the conclusion that you are to blame?

Have they followed the correct disciplinary procedure? Can you give us a timeline of events please so we can establish if you have been treated fairly.

As this is an accusation of theft I would seriously advise you to take legal advice - there are lots of solicitors who offer a free initial consultation. If necessary postpone the hearing until you have had legal advice. Given the seriousness of the accusation they should agree to a postponement.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Firstly, you may not lose your SMP if you are fired. What is your EWC?

Secondly suspension (should be with full pay), as suspension on and of itself is not an imputation of guilt, but merely an opportunity for your employer to investigate the matter.

An employer is entitled to dismiss an employee, if following a reasonable investigation, they can form a reasonable belief that the employee was guilty. In your case, it would appear that 3 people in total had access to the safe and thus one of these three must be the guilty party?

At this stage, I would advise not getting too stressed, google 'Maternity allowance' (as you may qualify for this or even SMP yet even if dismissed), stay calm, and try a prepare your defence for the disciplinary hearing or investigation meeting that presumably are imminent.

A simple google search 'preparing for disciplinary hearing' will give you some pointers.

Good luck and keep calm

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

Sorry didn't realise Ell-enn had already posted!

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

No problem Elche :) better two than none

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.