Capquest/HL legal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a letter last week from Capquest regarding a Capital one credit card debt for £500. The credit card was issued sometime in 2002 and I had used it up to 2006 but ran into difficulties(brain injury).

At that time I had several credit card debts with other companies . One I have paid off and one that I am paying now by monthly installments, plus a 1st Credit debt that I am trying to get a payment plan set up to pay.

Now I have received a letter from HL legal about the Capital One debt, but due to having several debts at the time I was paying a field agent a weekly amount, for over a year,(at a different address) but don`t know which debt I was paying for, so I don't know if I had paid most of the Capital One off or indeed any of it (I have no records).

Should I send a prove it letter to see if they can provide any information that I have paid any or some of it as I cannot remember what company the agent represented, although I know it was at least 3 of them with money split between them, but don't know if Capital One was one of them.

Thanks

Hi

I received a letter last week from Capquest regarding a Capital one credit card debt for £500. The credit card was issued sometime in 2002 and I had used it up to 2006 but ran into difficulties(brain injury).

At that time I had several credit card debts with other companies . One I have paid off and one that I am paying now by monthly installments, plus a 1st Credit debt that I am trying to get a payment plan set up to pay.

Now I have received a letter from HL legal about the Capital One debt, but due to having several debts at the time I was paying a field agent a weekly amount, for over a year,(at a different address) but don`t know which debt I was paying for, so I don't know if I had paid most of the Capital One off or indeed any of it (I have no records).

Should I send a prove it letter to see if they can provide any information that I have paid any or some of it as I cannot remember what company the agent represented, although I know it was at least 3 of them with money split between them, but don't know if Capital One was one of them.

Thanks

You *should* ask for a statement of account off all your creditors, this should tell you the current status and amounts allocated against them. If you wish to do a prove it first its up to you.

S.

Yes your right thanks the shadow. I should find out who has been paid and if Cap one was one of them.

Would sending a prove it letter be ok, to give me time to contact the other dca`s as I have only got till friday according to the letter to pay in full which I can not do at the moment?

I admit I owe some money, probably half that with the charges but it was hard enough with the others credit companies trying to negotiate a monthly payment that the would accept.

Yes your right thanks the shadow. I should find out who has been paid and if Cap one was one of them.

Would sending a prove it letter be ok, to give me time to contact the other dca`s as I have only got till friday according to the letter to pay in full which I can not do at the moment?

I admit I owe some money, probably half that with the charges but it was hard enough with the others credit companies trying to negotiate a monthly payment that the would accept.

It might be enough to get them off your back for the moment, make sure you send by RECORDED delivery though... we wouldn't want them to claim they didnt receive it.

S.

I have just found some old paperwork that relates to this debt.

One letter is from buchanan clark & wells dated 2004 another is from Payplanners dated 2005 and the current one 2009 says "Capquest DEBT recovery has appointed us on behalf of Robinson Way purchased from Cap One"

They are all for the same ammount, so I guess that I did not pay any money to the agent at the time, but the 16 digit account number is different on the 2004 one to the 2009 one. I defintely only had one account. :confused:

Now i`m thinking that I should not send a prove it letter as I seemed to have not made any payments, but maybe a SAR instead.

I was also thinking of sending a cca request, but thought it would be wrong to avoid the debt on a technacality if it was unenforcable.

The only thing that I can think of to justify the latter is that Capquest is benefiting from Cap One by buying the debt for a pittance.

Unfotunately I have no spare money left to pay this in full at the moment as I am still suffering from the affects of my accident and am not working.

What do you think is the best way of dealing with this.

Thanks again.

crappyquest can get stuffed with wanting that info

what do driving licence/passport/id card have in common

THEY ALL HAVE YOUR SIGNATURE ON

THEY SENT YOU A THREATOGRAM TO YOUR HOME ADDRESS

SEND THEM IF YOU MUST GAS BILL/COUNCIL TAX ETC

Hi Again

I received a letter from Capquest on Wednesday saying the account was on hold for 28 days, while they looked in to it.

I have just received a letter threatening court action within 5 days.

Capquest.pdf

How should I proceed to at least stop the bailiffs Knocking on the door?

Thanks

Twenty Two

Just Ignore

Its The Threatomatic Machine Going Into Overdrive

While Its In Dispute, They Can Do Sfa

So They Say 28 Days

Until They Complete Your Request It Can Be 28 Years

Just Ignore And File

They Know The Law

• Haha 1

To Be Honest

I Would Now Hit Them With A Cca Request