Rules about phoning customers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Being in debt and missing payments, I expect phone calls. I ignore/reject all calls from numbers I do not know/withheld numbers as like most, I do not wish to speak to creditors and all correspodance must be in writing.

British Gas have been chasing me for money for about 2 weeks now and my debt managment company are trying to sort a payment with them.

As a general rule, I won't speak to anyone whilst I am at work or Sunday, even though I ignore most, I am most likely to answer evenings or Saturday's. I just wondered what the rules are re ringing people to chase for money because BG really annoyed me yesterday, They first called at 8:26 on Bank Holiday Monday, I ignored this call, They tried around 4 times during the day and another 3 in the evening. I was out at the Zoo all day, It got to the point where I was so annoyed they rung, I answered saying I will not talk to you on a BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY now F off. They called a further 3 times and I again said I will not talk to you on a BANK HOLIDAY. They kept trying though. They call from call centres abroad so no doubt they would'nt understand what I meant.

I will today be sending the don't call me letter as this is beyond a joke, I read in the newspaper recently that BG will not try ring someone more then 4 times a day, more like 4 times an hour! :evil:

August 2010 - Debt Relief Order Ends! :)

Complaint with FOS re: Bank Charges - Financial Hardship

Email me for advice on DRO/DMP

If I have been of any help, Please tickle my scales

Hi all,

Being in debt and missing payments, I expect phone calls. I ignore/reject all calls from numbers I do not know/withheld numbers as like most, I do not wish to speak to creditors and all correspodance must be in writing.

British Gas have been chasing me for money for about 2 weeks now and my debt managment company are trying to sort a payment with them.

As a general rule, I won't speak to anyone whilst I am at work or Sunday, even though I ignore most, I am most likely to answer evenings or Saturday's. I just wondered what the rules are re ringing people to chase for money because BG really annoyed me yesterday, They first called at 8:26 on Bank Holiday Monday, I ignored this call, They tried around 4 times during the day and another 3 in the evening. I was out at the Zoo all day, It got to the point where I was so annoyed they rung, I answered saying I will not talk to you on a BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY now F off. They called a further 3 times and I again said I will not talk to you on a BANK HOLIDAY. They kept trying though. They call from call centres abroad so no doubt they would'nt understand what I meant.

I will today be sending the don't call me letter as this is beyond a joke, I read in the newspaper recently that BG will not try ring someone more then 4 times a day, more like 4 times an hour! :evil:

Oh dear British Gas...

Cant they remember Lisa Ferguson.

S.

Have you any facility for rejecting calls from certain numbers on your home phone or your mobile?

Make a log of all the times, dates etc. of all their calls, have a loud whistle near the phone and blow down the mouthpiece as loudly as you can.

Are any of these calls 'silent calls' ie where there is no-one at the other end immediately you pick up to answer, if so, these must also be logged as they really are the ones the industry is being told off about.

Hi all,

Yes I remember the Lisa Ferguson case. I will give them a swift reminder, yes all these calls are silent calls, They tend to ring and IF i answer, hang up within 6 seconds. My phone keeps a record so I will write these all down. Is there a law to stop them ringing this many times or is it at their discreation, they are rather harrasing and upsetting, espically when they call several times a day and someone who doe'snt know of my debts asks who keeps ringing.

My landline is equiped with phone number block however BG have several numbers, same with Capital one so blocking it once does'nt mean I can escape the calls.

Dear Sir or Madam

Harassment by telephone

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. [if you Want Them to]

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully, **Print name do not sign**

Thank you, I have sent a very simular template email to them stating the above, I just wondered if there is any laws/rules against them ringing me on a Sunday/Bank holiday. Luckily I am changing my phone in July so no more calls! For a while anyways.