CCA received with signature (damn!), should I pay now?

Skypist
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm struggling to pay off monthly amounts of nearly £400 to MBNA on a £15,000 debt so I went down the "stop paying and CCA" route instead of voluntary liquidation (which would affect my livelihood). After several weeks my CCA has arrived with the back terms scanned in and attached. The first sheet is a copy of my original application form stamped by them on 6 Nov 1999. My signature is clearly legible. They have also enclosed the 4 full-page printouts of the new updated terms and conditions (regulated by CCA 1974).

What options do I have now? Is the get-out clause now gone?

A worried debtor.

MBNA CCA scan.jpg

Guest liamgee

The image is a little small to read so in order to receive advise on the matter it may be an idea to rescan all the documents received (obviously blot out all personal information) so we can make out the documents.

There is far more to unenforceable CCA than just a signed document (and from what I can make out this is just an application form).

Edited by liamgee

I have attached scans of the each of the pages they sent me, hopefully clearer to read. If anyone can comment on they're enforcability please let me know - just today received the letter they'll be passing it over to the debt collectors.

(Just checked the attachments...although saved a decent size they seem to all be too tiny when uploaded on here...any ideas?)

CCA application form.jpg

CCA interest.jpg

CCA letter 1.jpg

CCA letter 2.jpg

CCA terms 1.jpg

Edited by Skypist
jpgs too small

Hi there,

I would say the application form is unenforceable as it does not embody the prescribed terms.

Have a look at these links which may help you decide on the enforceabilty of the paperwork (courtesy of 42man & steven4064) -

Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

Consumer Credit Agreements

Looks like an application form to me if it had the prescibed terms on it as well they might even had got a judge to say it is a cca. Send a letter stating they are in default of your S77/78 request.

Have a look at your scans I think your address is still visible

cds:)

Looks like an application form to me if it had the prescibed terms on it as well they might even had got a judge to say it is a cca. Send a letter stating they are in default of your S77/78 request.

Have a look at your scans I think your address is still visible

cds:)

Agree with the above also the T&C they have supplied are post June 2006 (£12 default charges) and should be those in place at inception of agreement (1999) to show that they have the right to change the agreement.

dpick