Please help disaplinary tomorrow need advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a phonecall at work last wednesday am from head office, recieved letter thurday stating disaplinary will be this tuesday pm (tommorrow)

The letter states 4 items to be discussed....

1, Lying on a drivers declaration for insurance purposes;

Question 1 can you be accused of lying when the form states :

"I, the undersigned, hereby do declare and warrant that the above statements and particulars are true and within my knowledge there is no other material fact which should be disclosed"

My problem is that my boss wants rid of me and yes i did indeed have a claim that was not disclosed on the form but i was not aware this claim had actually been paid out as a claim. so i filled out to the best of my knowledge (IS THIS LYING) and as my boss was sitting with me to fill this in should she not have corrected me before faxing it to head office??? Also i declared all my endorsments on the form which total 13 points so why would i lie? see 2.

2, Increase in insurance excess due to poor driving record.

I indeed have 13 point which i disclosed above and everytime i have recieved a fixed penalty (never commercially driving) i have approched my manager and informed them. On the last occasion i told my manager and she informed me that if i kept my licence i would keep my job (totting up) and i even had a letter from my employer saying that which was read out in court by my socilitor and that is how i kept my licence.

i was in court 7/8/08 so why now. As i have said i have worked for the company for 5 years in august and my other points come off my licence (4years old within 20weeks) so can this be used as ammo now?

2, Concerns about your driving and the safety of our service users

I dont understand where this has come from i have never ever had 1 complaint or issue brought to my attention in 5 years of me driving for this company and any of the users of the service would verify that i have the safety and comfort of my passengers in mind with every metre that i travel.

3, Poor sickness record

Right i have had a lot of time off over the past year and a half as i am the main carer for my father and its been a very stressful time over the yeah and a half since he has been ill. my mainproblem is that my company often refuse me to have holiday when requested and also refuse to let me have emergency carer breaks when my father needs me if he is confused or ill. I have therefore had to resort to explaining all this to the doctor and he has immediatly issued a sicknote.

Not a member of a trade union... no trade union offered at work....

Also tuesday is my day off and also my chosen representatives day off and she has her grandson on tuesdays so not able to attend either...

What is considered 'adequate notice' i have not had time to speak to my GP as bank holiday to get written statement from him, Head office is closed today to ajourn meeting and i was at work friday.... so i have had thursday evening, friday evening and tomorrow morning... is that adequate time? how do i adjourn the meeting? At the meeting?? please help

Indeed this does not look good for me and i feel that i am going to be dismissed tomorrow any advice would be grateful.

Baby blue

Lowells balance £0.00 YAY

I can only help you with one thing, and probably not what you want to hear, but a sicknote from a doctor cannot stop disciplinary action, (unless you are on signed off sick on the day of the hearing), and you can be dismissed for having too much time off sick and indead dismissed while you are off sick.

Sorry.

_________________________ ___________________

If my posting has been of any assistance - please tip my scales.

Foreign Aid - taxing poor people in rich countries for the benefit of rich people in poor countries.

thanks for your imput i do appreciate what you are saying but although i was absent from work i should have been able to take carers / compasionate leave for my fathers care needs but the company refused this on many occassions and i have told my gp who will have documented this when he issued my sicknote.

I have never had a disaplinary before with this company and i feel that a dissmissal would be a little excessive for a first offence. it has never been brought to my attention, no action plan and no one has ever mentioned in my supervisions or apprasials about my absence..... I also have evidence of my manager saying she wants rid of the old members of staff from the company who were there before she started from a social network site. Should this be brought up at the meeting?

As long as you have evidence and it is not hearsay, then you should always enter it on your behalf.

I have said printout from a social networking site the conversation was with my ex girlfriend too wich surely swings in my favour.....