CSA - Please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm new to the forum but am hoping someone can give me a bit of advice.

My husband is full time carer to our children and has no earnings (i work full time and support the family) We have just received a threatening letter from the CSA demanding payment of arrears. My Hubby had previously advised them that he was going to University and they conveniently deny this even though he has provided proof from the Uni, Inland Revenue and Jobcentre so his arrears are very inaccurate (they said it was too late to provide proof). We have disputed this before but to no avail and have again sent another letter of dispute. We would pay if they recalculated!! Does anyone know how we stand with regards payment, can they touch my wages?? This all happened previous to our marriage and I'm at my wits end with them, no one listens and they just repeat the same quotes over and over :-( Also this was when he was in Scotland and he has lived here in England since August 2000.

Thanks for any help

Are you refering to a demand for payment for his non resident children, ie his ex, or do you mean when you was serarated ?

In any event, speaking from experience my new partners wage did not have to be included when calculating my maintence schedule for my non resident children.

Keep a log of all correspndence as the CSA are very incompetant.

Hi I'm new to the forum but am hoping someone can give me a bit of advice.

My husband is full time carer to our children and has no earnings (i work full time and support the family) We have just received a threatening letter from the CSA demanding payment of arrears. My Hubby had previously advised them that he was going to University and they conveniently deny this even though he has provided proof from the Uni, Inland Revenue and Jobcentre so his arrears are very inaccurate (they said it was too late to provide proof). We have disputed this before but to no avail and have again sent another letter of dispute. We would pay if they recalculated!! Does anyone know how we stand with regards payment, can they touch my wages?? This all happened previous to our marriage and I'm at my wits end with them, no one listens and they just repeat the same quotes over and over :-( Also this was when he was in Scotland and he has lived here in England since August 2000.

Thanks for any help

The retailers worst nightmare !

Hi, this his for his children to a previous relationship they are now 19 & 21. We met in 2003 but I am worried what they will do as he has no earnings and they wont accept our dispute and recalculate. We have kept all paperwork and got his whole file from them, you can see their mistakes from this!!

Thanks

Hi, this his for his children to a previous relationship they are now 19 & 21. We met in 2003 but I am worried what they will do as he has no earnings and they wont accept our dispute and recalculate. We have kept all paperwork and got his whole file from them, you can see their mistakes from this!!

Thanks

As the matter is relating to his other children, i can not see them taking your income into considaration, i understand your worried as your partner as no income at the moment and may use yours, i suggest you try ringing them again, give them a chance to sort the situation out, if unsuccesful log an official complaint with them, also mention that you may highlight the matter with your local MP !

The retailers worst nightmare !

As the matter is relating to his other children, i can not see them taking your income into considaration, i understand your worried as your partner as no income at the moment and may use yours, i suggest you try ringing them again, give them a chance to sort the situation out, if unsuccesful log an official complaint with them, also mention that you may highlight the matter with your local MP !

Thanks for that any advice is welcoming :)