Schedule of charges

deathbycrayons
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You will have to obtain all of your account information. We suggest that you go back at least as far as 1995.

You should also include any interest which you have been charged on those charges. If the charges are unfair then so is the interest which they have levied on them.

When ever you have been overdrawn, you should consider that you should not have been paying interest on any portion of the overdraft which is comprised of charges - so you should claim that interest back as well.

For instance, if you were £1000 overdrawn, you will have been paying overdraft interest on that sum. However, if at that time the bank owed you £500 in charges, then the reality is that you were only overdrawn £500. You should claim back the interest on the £500 which was really your all along.

If at some point you find that the bank owed you the same or more in charges than you were overdrawn, then ALL of the overdraft interest has been unfairly/unlawfully deducted and you should claim it all back because the reality is that you weren't overdrawn at all. The bank owed you money. You were really in the black and you were actually a creditor of the bank.

This may sound complicated and I can tell you that many people just don't bother.

However, if you start doing the calculation, you will soon realise that it comes to a very large amount of money.

I would say that you could quite quickly find that the interest which they have taken is greater than the charges which they have taken.

It is all yours. Take it all back.

Add up all of this. Write to your bank, give them 7 days to return the money and then sue them. When you sue, you can add 8%. Once again, adding the 8% will be very tricky. We have a spreadsheet on this site which will help you.

Basically every charge or interest taken will be earning you 8% from the date that charge or that interest was seized from you.

You will have to calculate them all separately each from the date they were taken until the present day. Then you can add them all together and continue the 8% calculation on the whole sum - much easier.

It is all a lot of work. The banks should do this for you - but they can't be trusted so you will have to do it yourself.

However, you will be amazed at the amount of money they owe you and you will realise that it is a very well worthwhile exercise.

You file it away and carry on with your claim.

If you receive any letters from them, just let us know and you will get the advice you need. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

BF I am intrigued enough to ask. Why is claiming back to 1995 important? I don't get the year reference..

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf