They cancelled my order - please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've placed an order on a digital camera at crazycameras.co.uk and they have taken the £208 out of my account.

They have just emailed me to cancel my order, and have put the price of the camera up on their site to £291!

What can i do?? I ordered the camera fine and paid for it, and now they've cancelled it....can they do that?!

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Here are their T&C's on Prices...

1. Prices & Availability

Because of the fast-moving nature of the industry, prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Crazycameras is unable to issue price adjustments due to manufacturer price changes after date of original sale. We do our best to provide the most accurate, up-to-date information, but errors do occur and we reserve the right to make changes without notice. Your Crazycameras Account Executive will inform you when a product is not in stock, and can tell you when we expect the product will be available. Anticipated delivery dates are based upon vendor supplied information and are subject to change. Customers are also responsible for all duties and taxes to their appropriate locations. We make no claims on collecting or paying any sort of taxes on any purchases.

Do they have a leg to stand on?

Even on the most basic contract principles they are in the wrong.

If you take into consideration their own T&Cs which you have quoted from, they make it clear that they cannot reduce a price after the original contract is made. There must be an element of reciprocity here in that by the same token they are prevented from putting the price up after the contract is made.

Send them an LBA. Give them 7 days to let you have the camera at the agreed price or you will sue them in the County Court.

Don't do this if you are only bluffing. In fact if you are bluffing then don't bother to do anything at all.

At the end of 7 days, issue the claim.

Ask for the difference in price to buy the same camera elswhere or in the alternative an order for specific performance that they will transfer the camera to you at the agreed price.

You will have to furnish evidence of the cost of the camera elsewhere.

On the basis of what you say, this is not acceptable behaviour by any retailer and you should not tolerate it.

Go in and assert the contract.

I forgot to say that this is probably an unfair commercial practice and that you should report them to TS and OFT under CPUT as well.

What everyone is overlooking is that an action in the County court would be a complete and utter waste of time. This is a US based outfit, with no UK representation whatsoever - AND they donlt publish their Registered Office address, here or in the USA. They have a 'virtual' 0800 telephone number but I believe their're based on the East Coast of the USA (when you take into account their actual 'opening hours).

You are aware that the price you saw was EXCLUSIVE of import duty and VAT, which would have to be paid by you on receipt? And if it went faulty, the costs of returning it would need to be met by you? I think you've had a lucky escape.

Next time, buy from an EU company and don't take any needless risks.

Edited by buzby

Yes, I hadn't checked it out but in that case, I agree completely with Buzby