Not been paid since Feburary

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Since Feburary, I have not been paid whatsoever. On the last week of January, my boss told us he doesnot have money to pay us wages and was working hard towards gathering funds.

Since then, we have neither been issued payslips or wages. I have constatnly emailed my boss asking him to pay me wages, however, the reply i got all the time was to give some time, and its been 3 months now and i have lost patience,

when i went thru the tribunal website, it says i have to raise a grievance within 3 months, the question i have is, my wage for the month of feb was due on the 1st march, so does that mean, i can still raise a grievance for the month of feb before 1st June? or has the date passed? what happens if i miss the time limit?

if i have missed the time limit, does that mean i have automatically missed the limit for march, april onwards? what are my options?

Raise a grievance now for the whole lot - it's not a problem.

Dear

I am writing to tell you that I wish to raise a grievance. This action is being considered with regard to the following circumstances:

I have not received wages and payslips for the month of Feburary, March and April 2009. Since 20th March 2009, I have made several email requests to you with regards to payment of wages on the following occasions:

· On 23rd March 2009, I made a request to you for the payment of the wages for the month of February 2009[/font]

· On 7th April 2009, I made a request to you for the payment of wages for the month of February 2009 and March 2009

· On 5th May 2009 and 21st May 2009, I made a request to you for the payment of wages for the month of February 2009, March 2009 and April 2009.

As of the above date, I have not received wages for the months of Feburary 2009, March 2009 and April 2009. I feel, I must remind you that you have a legal obligation to provide wages and payslips to me, as I require them for my personal records.

I am entitled to a hearing to discuss this matter. I am entitled, if I wish, to be accompanied by another work colleague or my trade union representative. Please reply within 28 days of the date of this letter.

Yours sincerely

-------------------------

can a greivace be raised through email? if thats the case, wouldnt the several emails sent earlier server as a greivance?? i plan to send it in writing too... but just out of curiousity... what happens if i miss the time limit? would that mean i will not get wages for any of the months? or will i miss the feb one only?

thank you for your quick reply

yea, i admit i did a mistake, but i didnot want to get into a legal mess, and i was repeatedly assured of payments and i did recieve a sub of around 500 for those months when i m supposed to earn 10 times more,

i still keep getting those promises, but i have lost patience,

i have been living on the money i kept for the downpayment of my future house, i m currently ona work permit which makes my situation even more difficult..

i just realized that i might miss the time limit so i might as well raise a grievance maybe that might force him to pay up...

but what if the case goes to a tribunal? would the company be fined?

my employer hasnt even issued a payslip, when i asked for one, he replied with this

" cannot do a pay slip because I have already written to the Inland Revenue stating that the company does not have any funds to pay the NI+ PAYE bills"

now. if the employer doesnt pay my PAYE, would i land into trouble?

i havent slept all night coz of this.. the first thing i plan to do on tuesday is to go to CAB and discuss with them as well

since we dont have an office, i m currently working from home, which makes things even more complicated