I've had enough of trying to be fair!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, well after finding this site late last year when I first started to realise I might be heading for Armeggedon! I've finally cracked and am going to give my creditor friends as much hassle as they're giving me...

Now, for reasons that will become apparent, I am not going to name my creditors.. as I know they're watching and I want the upper hand where at all possible.

However I owe about 40k over 3 cards, bank overdraft and a loan.

I made the decision to be open and up front before I fell behind on any payments - don't know why I bothered. As others here have pointed out they just carry on regardless and hound you / treat you like a criminal.

So I'm going to CCA and SAR them all as well as going for bank charges.

This site is great and a huge morale boost but there's just so much info I'm struggling to know where to start.

Anyway, just put the phone down to one creditor who told me she couldn't authorise my recording of her call:p:cool:

Don't let them go to your home. They're not suppose to hassle you like that. If you need to contact your creditors, write to them, don't call. You'll have a lot to think about when writing rather than being fed junk through the phone.

• 5 months later...

DTB ...B Nekket is quite right..however go to the OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING website and sign up for their updates newsletters...that way you keep abreast of offical guidelines that debt coll agengies MUST OBEY and WHAT THEY CANT DO..The OFT will automatically keep you updated with all consumer issues ,Court cases,,unenforceable agreements etc...into your email box..

Good luck you wont regret it I have learned and applied alot to my advantage...