Cancelling 3 mobile or changing tariff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, get yourselves a coffee and make yourselves comfortable, this may be a long thread.

I need to either cancel my 3 mobile (about 8 months before my 18 month contract ends) or reduce the monthly tariff to as low as possible. I know this isn't going to be easy as they aren't the easiest company to deal with, hence me posting on here - I need as many tips and pointers as possible.

Now the background - I have just found out I am being made redundant, so am having to tighten the purse strings as much as possible and my £35 p/m mobile is going to have to be cut down as much as it can as I am just not going to have the spare cash to spash out on it every month. I have had multiple phone calls from them this week trying to offer me new fantastic deals, so just know when I call them up they are going to offer me them again no doubt.

I am going to try to explain this to their Indian call centre and I know I might be better off banging my head off a brick wall! If anyone can give me pointers or advice it would be most appreciated.

There's no guarantee, but you MIGHT be sccessful in getting out of the contract due to the ending of their '3 Like home' charges for roaming, which will make a considerable difference - you can say you were relocating to Ireland (Eire) and this is what attracted you. I'd not bother phoning, you'll be given the brush off. WRITE, explaining that unless thye can continue to offer [email protected] you will have to give them 30 days notice of cancellation due to a 'material change' in the terms of your contract.

This MAY be rebuffed, as depending on when you signed up, they may already have had added information that this deal was a 'promotional offer' and not a contract term.

Next time, for goodness sake don't take out a contract unless you know you can pay it off. It's not worth the hassle.