• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Pounds till Payday **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking maybe I should call them today..... but then again, they haven't sent me an email, and only 1 call this morning....

Have you learnt nothing from this forum?????? :p Never, ever, never speak to these companies!

Email them, use the customer relations department email on my previous post :) tell them you only wish to correspond in writing etc and to remove ALL contact numbers. Use my draft template.

Dont call them, that will just give them the impression you actually want to speak to them. Best way is via email, then you have everything logged for evidence.

My repayment date was 15 October 2009 and still not heard from DMC

Thanks guys.... ok then, I won't call them. I have informed them that I will be unable to make payment, that I have cancelled my Direct Debit, so i'm just going to sit back and wait for them to come to me.

Don't worry it won't be long! :D If you really don't want them to contact you over the phone email the customer relations team. They get back to you pretty quick.

Still nothing at my end but i'm 10 days behind SLGUE and they haven't heard from Clarity yet so looks like a couple more weeks!

You'll have to keep us posted! :smile:

I had this email from them today:

Pounds Till Payday would like to remind you that we still require your documents in order to proceed with your loan request. Your documents can be sent via Fax at 08000 66 45 27 or sent as an email attachment to [email protected]

Please contact us immediately if you have any questions regarding the required documents. You can reach us at 08000 32 76 55, or chat with an online representative by clicking the link below.

Pounds Till Payday :: Chat

Sincerely,

Pounds Till Payday

Phone : 08000 32 76 55

Fax : 08000 66 45 27

Email : [email protected]

Yeah right,..... had me stumped as well..... now I have had another email:

Thank you for your e-mail advising us of your financial difficulties. we were trying to contact you for past couple of days.

Just to advice you that if the balance is not paid in full on 27/11/2009 as

agreed there will be a late charge of £59 applied to your balance. We can keep your file in our office for 30 days, after it will be passed on to 3rd party collections agency (clarity).

From Anastacia Bolton..... is she my account manager then?!?

Yeah right,..... had me stumped as well..... now I have had another email:

Thank you for your e-mail advising us of your financial difficulties. we were trying to contact you for past couple of days.

Just to advice you that if the balance is not paid in full on 27/11/2009 as

agreed there will be a late charge of £59 applied to your balance. We can keep your file in our office for 30 days, after it will be passed on to 3rd party collections agency (clarity).

From Anastacia Bolton..... is she my account manager then?!?

She must be, also she must be foreign (or illiterate :lol:). 30 days, wow! Mine will be going in 2 days and they must just really love SLGUE and be keeping their file :p

Anastacia must be like Angela then ;)

Thank you for your email. Unfortunatelly we do not offer payment arrangements, defferals or rollovers. We are short term loan company and our policy is to keep file for 30 day and if its not paid in full by then it will be passed on to 3rd party collections agency.

I would recomend you to pay off this loan in full and then take advantage of reloaning option which will be available to you.

EMAIL FROM PTP..... MY REPLY:

RELOAN? So, you are telling someone who has told you that they are having financial difficulties to consider reloaning? This is hardly what I would call "responsible lending" and I doubt very much any organisation would "recomend" (SIC) such irresponsible behaviour.

I am aware that you do not offer deferrals or rollovers, and I am not looking to defer or rollover. I'm simply asking to come to some sort of arrangement to sort this matter as quickly and as conveniently as possible. As per my previous email, I would like to offer a repayment of £XX per month.

I look forward to your reply. As stated below, please keep all correspondence in writing.

Thank you for your email. Unfortunatelly we do not offer payment arrangements, defferals or rollovers. We are short term loan company and our policy is to keep file for 30 day and if its not paid in full by then it will be passed on to 3rd party collections agency.

I would recomend you to pay off this loan in full and then take advantage of reloaning option which will be available to you.

EMAIL FROM PTP..... MY REPLY:

RELOAN? So, you are telling someone who has told you that they are having financial difficulties to consider reloaning? This is hardly what I would call "responsible lending" and I doubt very much any organisation would "recomend" (SIC) such irresponsible behaviour.

I am aware that you do not offer deferrals or rollovers, and I am not looking to defer or rollover. I'm simply asking to come to some sort of arrangement to sort this matter as quickly and as conveniently as possible. As per my previous email, I would like to offer a repayment of £XX per month.

I look forward to your reply. As stated below, please keep all correspondence in writing.

Well said!:D

Well, quick update, which is that there is absolutely nothing to update. Still havent heard anything from them. The last email was last week, have now passed my repayment date, and nothing. The last email said that my account will be passed to an account manager who will be in touch with me this week, followed by an email asking me to re-instate my Direct Debit. Still looking forward to seeing who my account manager will be :-) hehe

Well, quick update, which is that there is absolutely nothing to update. Still havent heard anything from them. The last email was last week, have now passed my repayment date, and nothing. The last email said that my account will be passed to an account manager who will be in touch with me this week, followed by an email asking me to re-instate my Direct Debit. Still looking forward to seeing who my account manager will be :-) hehe

No news is goods news as the saying goes! :D

No i haven't heard anything neither :)

Hey guys,

I am having the same trouble here. My bank canceled my DD by mistake (lucky sign maybe) then of course funds did not reach them on time. Sent PTP an email and of course got the response, we only deal with this by phone.

how predictable. I rang them this morning just to make as if....i knew what their response was going to be.

Talked to someone called Mark. He was quite aggressive, i mentioned straight away that there was no need for my account to be passed onto one of their in house account manager and that my account should be fowarded to Clarity straight away....I think he got a bit shocked to find out I knew about their procdedure...he said ok i will make a note...

Then drafted a long letter with a the legal info, do not contact me by phone etc, plus OFT and ombudsman and sent via email plus their crap website. Got a response again, please contact us... resent it 3 times with new mention "do not ignore".....haven't heard anything yet but this forum has prepared me to deal with this.

Am in for a fight but I have the feeling they won't bother much...hoping to get at least a couple of phone calls. I will not respond to their security questions so there we go....

I initially wanted to pay the sum due but they levied that £69 charge.. have put my account in dispute and awaiting for a letter from clarity...

And Roll on gavin and jerry Mcwhatever...I can't wait to have to deal with you!!!

Any update from anyone by the way??

Y.

Well yesterday I had an email from PTP with a default notice on it for the sum of £59.00. Then I had another email from them yesterday with a letter attached telling me that they had added the sum of £59.00 and informing me of the various ways that I can pay this. Then today I had this email:

Several attempts have been made to contact you, in order to ensure you remain a

customer in good standing. Failure to respond leaves me with few options.

It is in your best interests to call our office immediately, to avoid escalation

of your account.

We wish to continue to provide you with all of the services that were previously

available to you as a valued customer.

Free Phone 0800 234 6964

For your convenience, there are two quick payment methods available:

1. Card payment by phone. Most cards accepted.

Phone your Account Manager at 0800 234 6964 to make an instant card payment.

2. Online through Faster Payments. Please call in for our Faster Payments

information.

Please phone in to report your payment for tracking purposes.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Please ring 0800 234 6964 today.

Sincerely

Tolani Jackson

Account Manager

0800 234 6964

I haven't received any calls from them at all. They dont have my work telephone number, but they do have my home tel no and my mobile no, but so far no phone calls. How should I proceed?

Thanks.

Good afternoon Tolani and thank you for your email messages. First of all I do not agree with the £59.00 charge being levied on my account and I am not willing to pay this, please remove this from my account or I will have no option but to put my account into dispute with you.

Secondly, as per previous email correspondence I would like to arrange some kind of repayment plan to settle this account in a timely manner, but my previous communication with Anastacia Bolton confirmed that PTP will not accept my offer. I am unable to pay the balance in full and the option of reloaning is not something I shall consider.

I am willing to make regular payments of £XX to pay off this balance. I understand that PTP do not offer rollovers, but I am willing to pay as much as possible towards my balance. Should PTP be unwilling to accept my offer, then I suggest that my account is passed to Clarity immediately so that I can begin repayment.

Also, as per previous emails, I insist (and it is my legal right to do so) that all future communication be made via email or letter.

Thanks.

My email to them..... man this is fun!!