HMRC to use DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The DCA that HMRC is working with has had to show it will be fully compliant with the code of practices and procedures that HMRC adopts itself.

I think they may have a problem there,no DCA that I know would even know what a code of practice is:rolleyes:

Sad News ................. I had a very large unexpected Tax Bill several years ago. I wont go into details but to cut a very long story short i was able to visit my tax office and sit down and explain face to face that i could not pay the tax bill and could i pay by installments.

The person i spoke to was understanding and we went through my income and expenditure and came to an agreement to repay over 18 months,

Somehow i just cant see a DCA being that helpful !!!!!!

this is very bad news, I have a smallish overpayment of tax credits i am being asked to pay, the tax office defered payment as i did not have enough to pay any. the tax officer told me it is not up to the tax office how we spend our money so if we choose to spend it all and have none left to pay them it can be defered. I can't see a DCA accepting this.

This is a bad idea. HMRC will come under greater and greater pressure from the Government (of any colour) over the next few years, to bring the £££ in. It might be worth a letter to your MP if you disagree, although it might not make that much difference.

I don't owe any back tax and have never had a serious tax problem, but if I did I would rather deal with a civil servant at HMRC than some of the debt collectors I have in the past been confronted with.