Help Please MINT have served a default notice. What do i do?

dandoogle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been trying to get my credit agreement from mint to see if it was enforceable with no luck unfortunately.

last month i sent the 1st of the cpr letters then last week i sent the 2nd this week they have sent me a default notice and terminated the agreement?

i really dont know what to do, ive never been in trouble with debt before now i am really worried?

any advice welcome many thanks.

There are several things to look for but the main ones are; did they give you a clear 14 days from receipt of the DN to remedy the default & did they give a specific date to remedy by?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

hi, they gave me no later than 17 days after the date of this notice shown above and it is dated 27th april 2009.

no specific date to pay by is written in words but "BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN" is written and underlined in caps twice and it says by no later than 17 days after the date shown on this notice.

i could try and get some money to pay them but i think it might be pointless if it is just going to be a 1 off payment and ill owe some else the money instead.

is this any help?

thanks

It is a defective default notice which means when they close the a/c all they will legally be able to claim are the arrears, the remaining balance will in effect be written off as soon as they close the account. :D

Keep that letter safe along with the envelope for future use & for heavens sake do not mention about the defective DN to them. ;)

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That sounds like good news but once they have done this is there something i have to do?

should i pay the arrears?

how do i prove that it is defective when the time comes?

sorry for all the questions i really appreciate the help

many thanks Dan.

Have a read through A Tale of a Dodgy DN - The Consumer Forums it should answer most of your questions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't pay anything, wait for them to close the a/c. That is the key, the fact that they close the a/c after they've issued a defective DN.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

on 18th may i recieved a letter titled

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

CURRENT BALANCE:

CREDIT LIMIT:

ARREARS:

ACCOUNT TERMINATION

we recently served a default notice on you.

as you have not met the conditions of this default notice by repaying the amount due, we are terminating our credit agreement with you. please cut your card(s) in half and dispose of them carefully.

please contact us in 08000000000 to arrange an immediate payment and subsequent repayment programme.

yours sincerely

L Angeli

please quote account n.o xxxxxxxxx and ref n.o xxxxx on all correspondence.

now they have terminated do i need to do anything?

thanks

Have a read of this post by Banker_Rhymes_With about default Notices as well -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2166205.html

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No you don't have to do anything just yet, but as I said above all they are entitled to now is the arrears because they have closed the a/c. have a read through the link above as it does explain things in great detail. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]