im sure equita have applied illegal charges to my C/T account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well guys as promised an update had an E-mail from one of Equita directors yesterday saying that blah blah blah all levies were done in good faith by the bailiffs and they would have done the best they could to make sure the car on the drive belonged to me blah blah blah but as a gestuer of good will as no hard coppies of the levies dating back to 2006 can be found we have credited back £452. So there we have it i have one atleast two battles now in my war with Equita (they credited back nearly £200 last week) So I must say a masive thanks to TOMTUBBY as she has assisted me masivley in this fight she is an angel so TT thank you from the bottom of mine and my wifes heart your the best

That said im not done yet Im after those pesky first and second visit fees now Im not so sure a bailiff has called as many times as they say and if they cant prove it I want my money back also still no screen shots they say they have complied with the data protection act with the typed A4 sheets they sent me so we shall see. If they aint showing them then there is something to hide maybe the proof im looking for show fraudulent activity over my accounts well thats it for now guys hope this brings some glimmer of hope to you all and thanks again tomtubby.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys as promised an update had an E-mail from one of Equita directors yesterday saying that blah blah blah all levies were done in good faith by the bailiffs and they would have done the best they could to make sure the car on the drive belonged to me blah blah blah but as a gestuer of good will as no hard coppies of the levies dating back to 2006 can be found we have credited back £452. So there we have it i have one atleast two battles now in my war with Equita (they credited back nearly £200 last week) So I must say a masive thanks to TOMTUBBY as she has assisted me masivley in this fight she is an angel so TT thank you from the bottom of mine and my wifes heart your the best

That said im not done yet Im after those pesky first and second visit fees now Im not so sure a bailiff has called as many times as they say and if they cant prove it I want my money back also still no screen shots they say they have complied with the data protection act with the typed A4 sheets they sent me so we shall see. If they aint showing them then there is something to hide maybe the proof im looking for show fraudulent activity over my accounts well thats it for now guys hope this brings some glimmer of hope to you all and thanks again tomtubby.

Thank you so much for this.

Quite rightly, if there is NOTHING to hide then the simplest solution to this is to provide a copy of the Screen Shots of your account.

I do know that the Information Commissioners Office have stated that if this requested, then a copy should be provided.

A Screen Shot is the companies COMPUTER RECORD that records the following:

Amount of Liability Order.

Date LO sent to them.

Date of any letter/demand sent

Details of the identity of the bailiff who would have visited.

Date of visit.

Notes provided by bailiff concerning the "visit".ie: if anyone was at home/colour of front door/make and model of car outside.

Details of fees applied for each visit.

Details of payments made and when.

Details of any letter received or telephone conversation with office staff and their comments.

etc, etc,

Taking the above what MUST be remembered is that any levy made on goods is the council's levy. This may be difficult to understand by the bailiff is merely an AGENT for the local council and it is the COUNCIL who are wholly responsible for both the levy and the charges made by their bailiffs.

For this reason it is important that any complaint MUST be made to the COUNCIL as well. If they are unwilling to obtain a Copy of the Screen Shots, then a Complaint about the council's conduct can be made to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Hi guys update time had a meeting at Birmingham City Council offices on Friday just gone. In atendance was Myself Head of revenues another manager from revenues and two gentleman from Equita now I dont wish to blow my own trumpet but I think Myself and my advisor may have Equita a little worried as the two gentleman from Equita were Adrian Bates I think he is data controler and this is the biggy Paul Sharp he is sales and marketing director now a very reliable source tells me they dont come much higher than him in the world of Equita.

So anyway the meeting well sadly we did not move forward not at all I am no closer to the end than I was before the meeting I pointed out the evidance I have that proves fraud has been comitted on my accounts held with them but no straight answers not even from head of revenues makes me wonder why hmm

However I informed them of the actions I am prepared to take against them and the council if things are not put right but Im sure they think Ill just go away but I wont Im in this till the bitter end some one will have to shoot me dead before I give up

I asked the council to take back the outstanding debt for last years council tax but they refused so I insisted it must remane on hold untill this matter is closed we shall see at the end of the meeting I said to the council I can not pay Equita another penny as I consider them nothing more than an organised crime synsicate dont think they liked that but tough

the last point that was made before I left was Paul Sharp said to the head of revenues is there a small matter of this years council tax as there is no arangement to pay bloody cheek good job I was about to leave what the hell has it got to do with him Ill tell you what nothing nout nada not untill he has been passed the liability order I was so astonished at his remark I was speachless Infact why the hell is the council disscussing this years council tax with them anyway is that not against data protection or somthing I must look in to that as it has just dawned on me as Im writing this thread ok guys as promised Ill keep you all posted

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all I have had a few days off now I am back here is an update for you Form 4 complaint was sent in last week and I have had a reply back from the court saying they are now dealing with it and have sent a copy of the form 4 to Equita and they have now less than 2 weeks to reply to it so now all I need do is sit back and wait and while im doing that ill get a letter to the information comissioners office sorted see if I can get hold of those pesky screen shots Equita refuse to give me will keep you posted guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all Im back been away a couple of weeks Form 4 has gone in and Equita replied with yet more untruthes and in acurate statements now I have sent my confirmation that I wish to proceed with my form 4 so now I just sit back and wait for the court to decide if I need a hearing will keep you all posted.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all just a quick update I have heard back from the court that certificated the bailiff that I complaining about and geuss what the judge that looked at it believe's that there is something for the bailiff to answer to so I have been given a date to attend court from what the lady said on the phone this is just a "resolve meeting" I geuss to see if we can sort it before it goes any further. I will know more when I recieve the letter on Monday will post back again then .

Hi BB69,

Not been able to offer you much advise on this, but I have been following.

Well done, keep us posted, your experience will no doubt contribute to the knowledge within the site, and I hope you get the out come we are all hoping for! Get that letter up as soon as it arrives!

PS Rossendales have been threatening me with Committal to Trial today!! What that really means is that is will be getting passed back to the Council, whom I have been paying, so hopefully soon no more hiding the car down the road, and opening the door with such trepidation!!!

Good luck, and keep us all posed

FX

Hi every one found out what this directions meeting is all about I was told by some one at the court its simply a meeting between me the bailiff and the judge so as the judge can understand the whole case better as it seems quite complex and decide how long the formal form 4 hearing is likely to take wish me luck im due to attend this monday I will as allways keep you all posted

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow cagers sorry im not posting as often as I was however here is an update on my battle with the bailiffs

After the directions meeting both I and the bailiff were instructed to send to each other and the court any witness statements that we wanted to include at the form 4 hearing that has now been done my Wife and son both had a little to input on the matter and the bailiff has replied to their statements now if I can ask you all to cast your minds way back to when I started this war I was saying that it was my belief that equita had commited fraud against me over the conduct of several accounts that they have held so the basis of this formal form 4 hearing is that the bailiff in question failed to leave a notice of siezure and inventory of goods and that at the same time he applied a fee that is not prescibed in by law.

So now the hearing is set for the first week in November and to be honest I cant wait I am so excited Im almost beside myself but also a little nervouse lol.

Now guys Im not going to say to much but watch this space its gunna get VERY VERY interesting over the next few days or so.

Good luck all and above all DONT PANICK

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all update time my form 4 hearing is less than a week away now next friday to be exact. Ok I said watch this space cos its gunna get very interesting I have what I believe executed my final bombshell of an ace up my sleeve Remember Im complaining in part because The bailiff failed to leave a form 7 notice of siezure and inventory of good at the time he levied a car on my drive.

However some time later along with my subject access request I did recieve a photocopy of a form 7 that Equita say is a copy of the one filled out and posted through my door at the time of levy

Now Im damn sure this form 7 was written some time after the levy and sent to me just to passify me. Now the bailiff has confirmed in his own written statement that he did indeed write out the form 7 at the time of levy useing his DIGITALl PEN.

Now this is the bombshell I am aware and have been for a very long time that these digital pens turn written text into a digital format that then gets sent at the time of writing to the Equita main computer system via the bailiffs mobile phone. At the time of use they record Time Date & GPS location so that this evidence can be used in court cases to prove time and actual visit to any one that contests it. see this link ad scroll down to the Equita title Case Studies

So now little old me has only gone and asked Equita to provide date time and GPS info as recorded by the bailiffs digital pen when he wrote out my form 7 now considering Equita want this case thrown out Im sure if they could have proven what they say to be correct before it got to court. They would have used this info to do so. Any way Guess what after 7 days Equita still havnt given it to me so I have written to the court asking the Judge to order it I dont know that he will Ill keep you all posted good luck all