Problem with npower electricity charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My business registered with npower from EDF last year October, we had just taken over the premises from the previous owner, according to them the highest amount they ever paid was £260 per quarter, then came npower's charges, to our dismay they took £63 from our bank account calling it initial fee, we kept silent, barely three months, they took £400 pounds through direct debit, we again remained silent thinking maybe the electricity charges had gone up. We then moved out of the building in february, the building was shut from then till now, meaning nobody went there so that in essence mearnt nobody went in or out so our meter reading should have been very little if not 0, to our shock, npower again took 363 through direct debit

I was so angry, I called them, they were so rude refusing to emphasize and then they told me all this time they had been estimating our bills, they did not actually come to the premises to read the meter, can you imagine? I used to see EDF come from time to time taking their time to read meters, and these people guess your electricity, if this is not stealing, tell me what it is?

what should I do? I am so distressed, in these tough economic times, £800 is alot of money

please advise, npower are not helpful at all

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have moved your post to the utilities forum where it will get help from people who have the experience

saint

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.