Meerkat's MIL vs EGG, Agreement signed yrs after initial app

meerkatsmimm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just a quick question - MIL received a copy of a credit agreement for egg.

Seems to be a bit 'hashed' together. However, her signature is dated with 10/05/08, even though all the printed dates are in 2005 when the card was taken out. She doesn't recall signing anything in May 2008, for them to have 'lifted' a signature from in order to piece together a document. In fact, she does not recall signing anything for a few years with Egg so it is a mystery.

Can anyone shed any light on whether this agreement is enforceable given that the signature date on her credit agreement is years after the initial application?

Thanks in advance,

Meerkatsmimm--

I would write and ask them to explain the discrepancy - tell them that the agreement cannot possibly be enforceable if they have falsified it, in fac they will have commited an offence and you will repoirt it to the relevant authorities.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Hi Steven,

This is my thoughts, however what if there was another scenario.

What if my MIL made the mistake when signing and they let this slip through? Not saying this is the case (she doesnt remember), but what if they let a date on a signature slip through when they were checking compliance of signed agreements recieved back?

Can they enforce this either way?

Can she demand repayment of all monies paid to Egg up until that date in 2008, as technically there was no agreement until this time?

I dont want to accuse them of falsifying it, as obviously we just cant be sure. Either way though what is her next move?

Hers was also one of the terminated agreements last Feb. and her signature on her agreement is dated 3 months after this. Surely this to means that the agreement has no meaning?

Thanks for the advice, I just couldnt find anything like this elsewhere!

meerkat x

I would writwe and ask them to explain. includethe fact thatthe date is 3 months after the agreement was (unlawfully) ended

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Thanks Steven,

Can we legally place the account in dispute?

Want to stop making payments on this but my MIL cant afford to have her Credit history destroyed in the process as she was hoping to move in the next 12 months.

In your opinion what would I expect to get back as a response to asking for an explanation and what can they do to enforce this agreement?

Thanks,

meerkat x

I don't know is the honest answer, that is why I suggested you ask them for an explanation

Steven

My Wins