Debt With Red Any Help Out There

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received letter today for debt with SKY prob from about 10 years ago to be honest, not had sky for years, cant remember owing it what would you do is anyone familiar with this debt colletor//

j x

Make them prove the debt, send them this;

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I wish to point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

I should also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that “it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period”.

The last payment of this alleged debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, I suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970”.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

Yours faithfully

Print Name do not sign

TY for that letter done and ready to go already, lets hope they leave me alone to be honest got all sorts of cretins coming out of woodwork and the moment, just hard trying to stay on top of them all with cca requests and stuff.

thankyou xxx

j

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are currently looking into your enquiry and will respond to you as soon as possible. Please be assured we will try to answer and resolve your query at our earliest convenience.

Unfortunately I am unable to give you an exact date as to when this will be as our enquiries can take time, as we often have to retrieve information from the original client or external bodies.

What I can guarantee is that your enquiry is being dealt with and you have no need to e-mail again.

If you want to speak to someone in our Customer Service team then please do not hesitate to call on 0844 844 4722

MESSAGE BACK ALREADY LOL

• 2 weeks later...

hello there red completely ignored my request as above

received this from them today

In previous correspondence we made it clear that unless you contact us and agree repayment of your debt we would have to look at other methods of recovery.

We now intend to advise our client to issue a claim in the county court to recover the debt. If successful in obtaining the judgement and if your account remains in a non paying status. we will further advise our client to apply to the court to enforce the judgement, if granted enforcement action could take a number of forms including a charge against your property or an attachment directly to your earnings. Alternatively as stated in previous correspondence we may initiate steps to file a petition for your bankruptcy by applying to the court if your outstanding balance exeeds the insolvency threshold of 750 if the court was then to grant a finan bankruptcy order this would have serious implications for your, possibly in relation to any assets or property you own being taken away and sold.

This

cont

matter will not go away because you chose to ignore it in fact our client acts upon our advise and they are successful in obtaining judgement against you, your current outstanding debt could increase considerably should the court exercise its discretion to require you to pay costs and interst

you have a final opportunity to avoid this action by calling us on bla bla bla

balance is 170.00????

is this just to scare me do you think what should i do next

Hi

Red/lowells do also buy ENFORCABLE debts they brought one of cap 1 that belongs to my partner..posted the CCA on here and was told is enforcable..They will ignore every thing you send,,my OH has gave up writing to them ..he has offered £5 per mth .no awknowledgment of letters..now he has received a pre bankruptsy petition..They know he has zilch assets and no owned property ..Could be just another threatogram..Will wait and see:)

Red were chasing me for a T-Mobile account from 7 years ago, I sent them provr it letter and statute barred letter and still received their threat-o-grams, so a few weeks ago I phoned them told them i was recording the call and advised them of the debt being statute barred, the monkey was having none of it so I spoke to a supervisor "gorilla" and told him that this call was being recorded so it could be used to complain to OFT and Trading Standards and anybody else who was intrested, within secounds he addmitted that is was statute barred and within a week I received a nice letter informing me that the debt was writtem off.

so maybe that is your next course of sction.

Just remember to keep smiling and ask if you need help. :-)

I can't read and I can't write, but that don't really matter, cos I come from Lincolnshire, and I can drive a tractor.

CCA sent to robinson way Halifax cc. 22/02/07~Sold on to Aktiv Kapital~How can you take them seriously when they can't spell properly

Data Protection Act sent to HBOS Current Account 22/02/07~All quiet

Over 2 yaers I've been a member~Doesn`t time fly when your having fun~or beating DCA's at their own game

really scared to call them to be honest, I JUST cannot bring myself to pick up the phone, I have now informed OFT and TRADING STANDARDS done and sent and waiting now for next installment just dread whats coming next, tytytytytytytytyt

will keep you informed xx

Do not phone the Leeds Losers UNLESS you are confident enough to deal with them on the phone. The debt is well and truly Statute Barred and they know it. All they are doing is trying to intimidate you into paying them. Do not fall for their childish games. They are one of the easiest DCAs to DEFEAT and thats why they are well known as the Leeds losers. They are currently under scruting by the OFT and that is why you must complain about them.

Well thats another complaint they have off me then, to add to many by the sound of it, just want this nightmare to end lol, just jump one hurdle and hit a larger one, will they just GO AWAY

tytytytyty all xxx keep up the good work

are lowells and reds the same company?????????? is this correct

yes:)

lowell portfolio

lowell financial

red

hamptons legal

give away is at the bottom of letter which always says red is a trading style of lowell:eek:

different desks same monkeys/same sh*t/different note paper.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER