style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me and my partner yesterday received a summons from the council for non payment of council tax, even though for the last 2 years we have always paid on the internet on 26th of every month. This year that they appeared to change their payment date to the 1st of every month without notification and due to this they have sent us a summons even though technically it is not even the end of the calender month.

Last month they sent us a reminder for payment before the end of the month and we spoke to them they said that unless we pay by d/d or pay a month in advance then we would receive these letters every month.

Now is has gone to a summons notice even though we do pay regularly. When we spoke to the lovely people at the council they were not prepared to listen to what we had to say nor were they willing to remove the £57 costs they have added. They even said that even though we have now set up the d/d they were desperate for us to set up that this will still go to court and we will still be sent a liability order even though we could now ignore this!!

We are planning on attend the court date due to this liability order and wonder whether any other forum member has had any luck in doing this. Will we also be able to claim back costs from them for the costs of the liability order. We have full receipts going back from 18mths-2yrs to prove that we always pay on the same day every month.

Many thanks an angry DPD7

Good for you DPD7 and partner!

Have you considered contacting the local press or even someone like Littlejohn of the Mail (I have no interest in this but I know he loves pompous over officious council employees)?

GK

If you receive useful, amusing, interesting advice from anyone please feel free to nudge their scales over there