Butlins - Customer Complaints !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes just got back from Butlins skegness. Booked for my family and a friend so booking were linked. My friend was ages away which was very upsetting as she has a disabled child. The room also which was meant to be next door was actually around the other side and had ants in it. Complained about it but said they were fully booked and that the room would be sprayed. The room was sprayed but it still had ants. Got bite marks on my ankles. Overall the kids had a fantastic time its just a shame what they did to us.

Yes just got back from Butlins skegness. Booked for my family and a friend so booking were linked. My friend was ages away which was very upsetting as she has a disabled child. The room also which was meant to be next door was actually around the other side and had ants in it. Complained about it but said they were fully booked and that the room would be sprayed. The room was sprayed but it still had ants. Got bite marks on my ankles. Overall the kids had a fantastic time its just a shame what they did to us.

Sorry to hear about your problems, i had similar accomadation problems at the same resort, coupled with concerns at the way the security staff dealt with me !

I Have exausted the companies complaints procedure with no joy, the matter is now progressing through the small claims court, update to follow shortly.

The retailers worst nightmare !

I am sat in the internet cafe at butlins skegness, and exactly the same thing has happened to me, but without the ants. (However there are ants in the restaurant). We made a group booking in the same name and i have a disabled daughter and we were put miles away from each other. I phoned 3 weeks before arival to check we were toghether and was informed that we were.

I have come on here specifically to see if I have any rights so was very interested to read your post, and will be following it

I am sat in the internet cafe at butlins skegness, and exactly the same thing has happened to me, but without the ants. (However there are ants in the restaurant). We made a group booking in the same name and i have a disabled daughter and we were put miles away from each other. I phoned 3 weeks before arival to check we were toghether and was informed that we were.

I have come on here specifically to see if I have any rights so was very interested to read your post, and will be following it

Sorry to hear about your problems, i would strongly reccomend you report your concerns to Guest Services, whilst you are on resort, this is also clearley stated in the Butlins brochure and your contract.

Beware of N W, who is head of guest services, she will come across very helpfull and concerned at what you are reporting, she will also offer to send a gift to your apartment to say sorry, this will all change when you leave, if you are not happy with what she is saying to you, inform her you will be in touch with Butlins on your return home.

The General Manager of the resort, C B, is also about as much use as a choclate fire guard ! his response to my concerns where not consistant with the concerns i had raised with him.

Good luck in your complaint, hope you get things sorted, keep us informed.

Edited by Big Boss Man
Edited names

Thanks Big Boss Man!

I have already spoken to a girl called Charlotte in guest services and another called Stevie (who claimed to be the manager, but I doubted that was true). Before I leave now I shall call back into guest services and make a formal complaint in writing, especially as the holiday is going on we are finding more and more things to add on to the complaint list.

I have actually started my own thread on it if you want to follow it, it's "HELP what are my rights"

Thanks again!

Thanks Big Boss Man!

I have already spoken to a girl called Charlotte in guest services and another called Stevie (who claimed to be the manager, but I doubted that was true). Before I leave now I shall call back into guest services and make a formal complaint in writing, especially as the holiday is going on we are finding more and more things to add on to the complaint list.

I have actually started my own thread on it if you want to follow it, it's "HELP what are my rights"

Thanks again!

I will have a search for your thread ......

• 4 weeks later...
have you got any news yet on your claim?

Its still progressing through the small claims court, the original N1 form i filed contained an error, i had to apply to the court for changes to be made, which have now been agreed, the revised N1 claim form has now been reserved accordingly.

I will keep updated as and when they happen, hope your complaint is progressing, im keeping an eye on your thread !

• 5 months later...

Look at my thread wedding honeymoon one problem after another and you will see my letter, i got alot of help from a guy on here.

I have currently issued court proceedings against Virgin Holidays.

The name is from the song sexy kung fu fighter LOL

• 1 year later...

Hi we stayed with u on may 9th mon-fri in butlins in minehead, the rooms and entertainment were brilliant, but we upgraded our breakfast and evening meal from coral beach to the yaght club to try it for a change and i have to say we did not enjoy the food at all the breakfast was lovely and even had ommlette cooked to order, when it came to the evening meal there was not much choice the chips were disgusting so we thought we would eat straight away when the restaurant opened to see if they were any better but no change.

My 6 year old son is a fussy eater he doesnt like anything in a sauce so most days all he had was chicken nuggets on its own, and he enjoyed the beef dinner but only a choice of carrots and white cabbage for veg, so we had to make sure he filled up on lunch time not to be hungry. he did enjoy the ice cream though.

Also the cutlery and crockery most of the time had food still stuck on them.

This is our second time we have been here i think if we come next year will have to go self catering

Many thanks Nicola Cadeau

• 5 months later...

Bourne Leisure Group is the parent company of Butlins. Their CEO is [email protected] if you wish to write an email.

Butlins Head office is at:-

1 Park Lane

Hemel Hempstead

Hertfordshire

HP2 4YL

That is the address you need to use to send all court paperwork, so probably the best place to send your complaint.

keep us informed :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Did you get an email notifying you it was deleted? If not, it was a server error.

P.S. How did your claim go?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi, thanks for your reply, no email as yet, maybe i forgot to press the submit button ! been away from the forums for a long while due to stress etc...

With regard to my Butlins claim this was completed during the early part of 2010, as both parties agreed with the judge to keep the details confidential i was unable to update the thread, but the amount of time it took to complete compared with the financial gain was nothing, i have learnt a valuable lesson from the whole matter.

Can someone tell me why my reply was deleted from yesterday ?

If you could possibly let us know the Resort you stayed at, it may be worthwile escalating the matter with the resort director first, however, if you never reported the concern whilst on resort it may be that there not willing to investigate the matter.