What Happens Now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question I wonder if someone can help.

I agreed to a compromise agreement, (rather than take them to the Employment Tribunal) now they have been akward throughout the whole process.

We finally got all the matters agreed (through the Union & Solicitors) and they had 14 days to pay, however the 14 days expire on Monday and nothing has arrived yet, bearing in mind tomorrow would realistictly be the last day the cheque can arrive as Monday is Bank Holiday and no post.

So what happens if the cheque does not arrive within the time scale of the compromise agreement that they have signed.

Is it a case of my solicitor writing to them and given them further time or the fact theat they have breached the agreement they would have to compensate i.e increase the original offer..

Just speak to the solicitor who signed off the agreemnet for you.

I'm sure the cheque will arrive shortly, if not the agreement would be breached.

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

The 14 days as per the compromise agreement will expire on Monday and bearing in mind that Moday is a BH and there will be no post, the only day left to recive the payment is tomorrow.

Obviously i know they will be in breach of the compromise agreement if the cheque doesnt arrive tomorrow, but I was just wondering what happens next as they failed to meet the time scale of the agreement

They Might Be Classing It As 14 Working Days

Excluding Weekends And Bank Holiday

Thats An Extra 5 Days

I checked with the solicitor before they signed, when they had to pay up by, the last day is Monday, but he said Tuesday as its a BH but if it doesnt come tomoz, I cannot see it coming on Tuesdays post.