• Tweets

• UPDATE 27/01/2022   I have filled out all the SD's for all the tickets (fifteen in total) and now I have respond from court - they took off the Bailiff charges and asked council for original price.   Council just send me an letter regarding one of the PCN's asking to pay 130£ in 28 days.   There was another ticket for speeding but was send from Metropolitan Police and they did asked to name the driver, which I did. She have to attend the course or face penalty.   Contacting Council of Ealing was a huge pain, I contacted them in November yet had to fill formal complain in order to get any answers recently. They supplied me with 15 videos showing my ex driving the car on the bus lane, yet they told me as an owner I am responsible for paying the tickets and I cannot name the driver, they don't care. I took her to the post office and she signed the V62, she is still waiting for the V5C.   I have been told by Council of Ealing that there are another 11 charges for the same bus lane violation ...     My questions in this moment are: Is there no discounted rate of 65£ after Statutory Declaration?  Will she be able to pay in installments?  As total amount is around 2.5k - 3k (depends if the new 11 tickets she will pay before 15/02) Do I have to worry much if she will fail to pay even though car is owned now by her (she signed V62) and she can be recognized on the CCTV footage? 
    • The Training room is an unethical sales company disguised as an educational organisation. In 2019 I enrolled with The Training Room for a software development course which I fully intended to complete. I suffer from MDD, Anxiety and ADHD and I was concerned that this would affect my course in some way, this is information that I gave over the phone to the person selling me the course.  My mental health suffered when I discovered that the course was nothing more than large blocks of text and a “tutor” who could only answer questions about the blocks of text.  This was extremely difficult for my ADHD, but I really wanted to obtain the qualifications- so I requested information regarding extending my course from The Training Room, to which I received no response.  I didn’t pursue it because I had a job, was making the payments and things were going well. Then, the pandemic struck and I lost my job and was refused furlough because I had started after the government cut off date. My mental state suffered further along with my financial state, and even though I managed to get onto Universal Credit, I was struggling. I rang The Training Room and eventually I was told it would cost an initial £200 and then £15 per month until I finished the course. As time went on, my mental health slowly improved with the help of my psychiatrist and psychologist.  However, when my course deadline hit, The Training Room told me, for the first time, that I wasn't eligible to extend my deadline because I hadn't completed enough of the course. This shocked me, as nothing had been said about this before this point. I explained my financial and mental situation and was given a ‘generous’ offer which allowed me to stay on the course for a maximum of four months after my deadline for a fee of £350. If I had been able to afford that option, I would have taken it, however, as I informed them both in writing and over the phone, I was struggling to complete the course within the deadline because of my financial and health issues – charging me more and giving me minimal time to complete the course merely exacerbated the problem. The Training Room is threatening me with legal action if I do not pay the full course fees of over £2000 and I do not have the money, nor do I think it is fair that they should charge me this. They did not listen to me, and were dishonest with me from the start. I’m not the only person who has had this experience with the Training Room.  Is it really legal for them to be so unethical? Am I going to be forced to pay this even though it’s completely unreasonable? Any advice or insights would be really appreciated.  
    • Thanks.   So having quickly looked through that second link, @simeon1964 needs to be fully aware that he might be liable to pay the other side's costs if he loses this fast track case?   (The first link is blocked for me.  Is that a problem with the link or is my AV software not liking it?)
    • Sorry to jump on this post, but I have just had 2 debts fall off my credit file due to being statute barred. Both owned by Lowell. Should I send them a statute barred letter?   They haven't contacted me specifically about these, other than they regularly send letters which include them at the top saying they have accounts of mine that need paying. One of these worries me especially though as it is listed at my old address, or it was on my credit file before it dropped off. I ignored that for ages because I was worried it might make them take me to court for them and I didn't want to draw their attention to it, but they have included the debt (Vanquis) on other letters they have sent to me at my address. I asked on here and sent a letter a few months back with my change of address but they didn't update my credit file with the right address so I don't actually know which address they would use. I also don't know if they have just written it off or if they will try and get a ccj for them..
    • Plus, the FCDO have put out a political type video on the NIP. This isn't what civil servants should be doing.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Credit Today Summit - Video Podcast

FunkyFox

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, the video seems to have accidentally downloaded onto my hard disk and converted itself into an mpeg2 video file.

Somehow I think it will be more interesting once I've had a play around with it. ;)

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

"these are interesting times for the industry"

is that credit speak for "we're geting our arses kicked by people who know how to handle us"?

video mogadon-if you have problems getting over to sleep at night,play this.It'a a guarantee that you'll be bored into a deep stupor in no time.I can't believe these people actually believe their own guff!!

I bet it will be a lot more interesting once fuzzybobble is finished with it ;)

look out for a new video on youtube LOL

Oh dear, the video seems to have accidentally downloaded onto my hard disk and converted itself into an mpeg2 video file.

Somehow I think it will be more interesting once I've had a play around with it. ;)

Will it have soundtracks...

Money for Nothing

Money money money

I want money

spring to mind. I will have to watch this later at home.

I think the very lovely Julia off Watchdog would tear that silly moo to shreads personally :mad:

Anyway i struggled to stay awake till the end of that yawnathon..goodness knows how even the invited industry guests actually there managed to?

My conclusion of all that is though in all seriousness....they are terrified of the way things are at the moment & the language they use is just industry speak to disguise that fear.

The idiot at the end who thinks sites like this can be closed down made me laugh.

What makes him think he can dictate what sites can & cannot be on the internet :confused:

The idiot at the end who thinks sites like this can be closed down made me laugh.

What makes him think he can dictate what sites can & cannot be on the internet :confused:

It shows -;

1. They are very afraid of people knowing the LEGAL rights

2. They are so arrogant that they actually do believe they can censor the truth

3. They are absolute fools who believe their own propaganda.

4. They were all so pi55ed they didnt know what was being said by their sad industry apologists

That actually made me angry as well as to laugh ODC....:mad:

What on earth makes him think he or his industry has the power to shut down consumer websites on the internet exactly?

Did the fool even realize what he was saying before he said that?

If he/his industry could do that, then anyone could shut any website down quite frankly...i do wish fools like him would think before they speak :rolleyes:

Dont forget Mr Ton he probably started off as a telephone threat monkey so has allegedly been lying all his working life. Dont forget these people are trained to lie, cheat and decieve. They come out with such outlandish phrases as ''If you dont pay now the baliffs will be round in ten minutes'' or We dont need a CCA as we are an American Company'' If you dont pay us you will go to prison.:rolleyes:

I think the very lovely Julia off Watchdog would tear that silly moo to shreads personally :mad:

Anyway i struggled to stay awake till the end of that yawnathon..goodness knows how even the invited industry guests actually there managed to?

My conclusion of all that is though in all seriousness....they are terrified of the way things are at the moment & the language they use is just industry speak to disguise that fear.

If they did manage it then it would be like living in China, beware if you have more that one child? Actually on that note, I was asked after summitting a I&E why I had listed school dinners as being an expense? Suppose they thought it was a bit much that I would want me children fed "Hot Dinners" in the winter!

wanting to close down a website eh?

these guys need to learn how to differentiate between ambition and ability

if they are as good at closing websites as they are at collecting on unenforceable alleged debts,then best of british

they're gonna need it!! :rolleyes: