summanotre vs littlewoods (really this time!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wont go into too much detail here as it is similar to other threads that I have read so Ill just talk about where I am at the moment.

Littlewoods are pursuing me for a catalogue debt, recieved no default notice, or correct notice of assignment or reassignments from them or the other DCA's involved. The last correspondence was from Fredricksons. I wrote to them requesting my cca (I dont have any information to say that the debt has been sold). I recieved a reply from Bryan Carter (yes, him) telling me that the account was on hold while he passed the request to his clients. I forgot to enclose the £1 fee (how naughty of me ;)).

I was gobsmacked this morning to receive a letter from BC with an incorrect and very odd looking statement from Shop Direct Group (who run various catalogues including Littlewoods). No sign of any cca, so that request was ignored, no mention of needing £1 fee - so my questions are:

1 - have they waived their rights regarding the £1 fee seeing as I got a response enclosing said statement but no cca?

2. - who do I sent the letter to stating theyve not complied after 12+2 days - BC or Littlewoods?

3. Does that mean the 28 days hold is no longer in place?

4. WHAT THE HELL HAVE PHOENIX RECOVERIES (UK) S.a.r.l. (Fredricksons) that BC keeps quoting as their reference have to do with it??

So, I'm thinking of writing to littlewoods and copying the letter to BC, BUT I dont know if the debt was sold or who to. If the debt has been bought, do I ask that company for the cca???

I have several issues with the Shop Direct Group but I am determined to keep them separate as they relate to separate account numbers.

Help plz. :-|

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum

The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet.

(Seneca the Younger (attributed), Proverbs, 74)

Speech is given to many; intelligence to few - but if its well said, I said it!

:p

Unless you have included the £1( or they specifically state they are waiving the £1) then your request is not valid.

Phoenix sarl are the people that bought the acount from littlewoods. They then get a uk dca to collect on their behalf.

If bc is involved I would request a cca including payment from who is asking for payment. As BC is involved somewhere and for the sake of £1 I would send littlewoods a cca request aswell.

As for the 28 days hold, I wouldn't trust BC as far as I could throw him.

Unless you have included the £1( or they specifically state they are waiving the £1) then your request is not valid.

Im sure someone said the opposite in a reply to one of my other postings (cant remember which one) but I also remember someone saying the same as you in another thread - but it makes sense really to pay the fee to all of those involved.

Phoenix sarl are the people that bought the acount from littlewoods. They then get a uk dca to collect on their behalf.

but I havent received a letter saying the account was bought by Phoenix, in fact this is the first mention of them in relation to this account - where do I stand on that one?

As for the 28 days hold, I wouldn't trust BC as far as I could throw him.

I'll get my £1 fees off asap then!!

You should have received a NoA from littlewoods/ndr to Phoenix. Phoenix then send a letter saying they are using fredriksons(or sometimes marlin) to do the chasing/collecting.

Regarding the £1, if requests were valid without it, everyone would save a pound. However if a company supply a cca without it fair do's. It's not really worth messing around with for the sake of a quid.

Edited by Nagasis

You should have received a NoA from littlewoods/ndr to Phoenix. Phoenix then send a letter saying they are using fredriksons(or sometimes marlin) to do the chasing/collecting.

I did not receive this. The account seems to have done the rounds with letters from moorcroft, p.i.b., ndr, midal legal services, debt managers, Fredrickson and BC (not necessarily in that order) but I do not have a copy of any NoA from any of them and there is definately nothing from Phoenix, especially after ndr.

Regarding the £1, if requests were valid without it, everyone would save a pound. However if a company supply a cca without it fair do's. It's not really worth messing around with for the sake of a quid.

Have sent the £1 to cover my back. Think its solid advice. Ta :D

Peeps, I really, really need urgent advice here. :!:

In response to my request for cca etc I was supplied with what is supposed to be a statement showing the account open date - BUT, I have just found an old letter from Littlewoods thanking me for transferring to an Interest Bearing Account. It quotes a new account number which is quoted on BC's letter. I do not have a copy of the signed cca for either the old account number or this one -

I dont know what to do because if it is a transferred account then surely that means that a balance was transferred from the old account. So where do I stand?? Im confused about this statement also.

PLEASE SOMEONE ADVISE ASAP I NEED TO RESPOND TO THEM QUICKLY!!! :!:

Peeps, I really, really need urgent advice here. :!:

In response to my request for cca etc I was supplied with what is supposed to be a statement showing the account open date - BUT, I have just found an old letter from Littlewoods thanking me for transferring to an Interest Bearing Account. It quotes a new account number which is quoted on BC's letter. I do not have a copy of the signed cca for either the old account number or this one -

I dont know what to do because if it is a transferred account then surely that means that a balance was transferred from the old account. So where do I stand?? Im confused about this statement also.

PLEASE SOMEONE ADVISE ASAP I NEED TO RESPOND TO THEM QUICKLY!!! :!:

I personally would forget the old letter. If you have cca'd them and they have stated they don't have a signed one (which littlewoods they normally do) then just send the account in dispute letter.

Thanks, now Ive just found a cca unsigned but I dont recognise the format. Can someone look at the agreement if I post it up please?

Thanks, now Ive just found a cca unsigned but I dont recognise the format. Can someone look at the agreement if I post it up please?

if its unsigned then there is no need to post it as it could be the queens mother who is not able to respond at the moment.

Just out of interest, when was this account opened? and where?(online or post or phone etc)

Ok, the original account was a flexible account and is from about early 2004 or late 2003 (im really not sure; it could be older because I routinely destroy documents every 3 years unless they I absolutely need them e.g. my deed of change of name).

The letter that says Ive transferred to an Interest Bearing Account is dated 19/6/2006 and they quote that as the date the account was opened - however the cca they sent for this is dated 06/06/2006 -

Its really confusing because the letter sent with the cca states they enclosed 'two credit agreements for your extended payment plans' and further down the letter states 'on receipt of your signed copy your current Flexible Account will be closed and a new Littlewoods Even More account will be opened in your name'.

The cca they sent already has my details printed on it (although the street name is spelled incorrectly) and its entitled 'Customer Copy' underneath is says 'fixed-sum Loan Agreement regulated by CCA 1974. Its title is not Credit Agreement and where the act is shown its in the same font as the other details in the address box. So is it covered by the cca 2006 Act?

I didnt know anything about a loan :confused:

Im not sure Ive described it correctly, would it be easier for you to see the letter and customer copy document? Any help and advice is much appreciated :)

So is it covered by the cca 2006 Act

No, only accounts opened after April 2007 are covered by the cca 2006.

All these accounts they keep mentioning are under the cca 1974. If they don't have a signed copy (of any) then they are wasteing their time.

Don't let them get you confused, stay focused on the 2 important steps.

1) Request cca

if no signed one appears (as per usual with littlewoods)

2) Send dispute letter.

thats it.

Thank you Nagasis. I sometimes wonder if they do all of this to deliberatly confuse and panic people - except I dont think they have the intelligence to. ;)

• 1 month later...
if its unsigned then there is no need to post it as it could be the queens mother who is not able to respond at the moment

Littlewoods have now sent a copy of the agreement. Can anyone have a look at it to see if its enforceable please?