style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All I Recently Had A Letter Delivered By Hand Stating That The Bailiff Attended Today With The Intention Of Removing Goods To Discharge The Outstanding Council Tax (£349) And Any Additional Enforcement Costs Incurred. And That I Need To Pay In Full In 24hrs Or He Will Re-attend And May Remove Goods.

Now I Called Birmingham Council Saying That I Am Able To Pay In Full And That I Will Pay At The Post Office, But They Said That I Need To Pay Via Equita????? And That They Will Not Take Payment From Me Directly????

Any Ideas Please

Thanks

rubbish the council cannot refuse a payment

the bailiff will charge you £24.50 for this visit

if you can pay the council direct on line do this

do not let the bailiff into your home if you have a car move it if you have a garden leave nothing out a spade will do a bailiff to add a levy

Hi All I Recently Had A Letter Delivered By Hand Stating That The Bailiff Attended Today With The Intention Of Removing Goods To Discharge The Outstanding Council Tax (£349) And Any Additional Enforcement Costs Incurred. And That I Need To Pay In Full In 24hrs Or He Will Re-attend And May Remove Goods.

Now I Called Birmingham Council Saying That I Am Able To Pay In Full And That I Will Pay At The Post Office, But They Said That I Need To Pay Via Equita????? And That They Will Not Take Payment From Me Directly????

Any Ideas Please

Thanks

THE COUNCIL has no right to refuse your payment. They are being awkward, as councils often are. If you want to pay them direct instead of paying Equita then do so. It's your decision, nobody else's.

You also need to check how much Equita are attempting to charge you for their 'service'. Providing you have not let them into your home and they have not 'levied' (i.e. made a list of your property) and providing they have only delivered one payment demand, they can only charge £24.50.

How much are they trying to squeeze out of you?

i tried phoning their head office and she said that she cannot discuse my case and that i should contact the bailiff dealing with me directly on his mobile.

i have had about four letters before but this was the first delivered by hand.

the property that the council tax relates to is another house that i own which is now on rent, the council have my forwarding address which is my parents address and this is where the bailiffs are sending all their letters. i live with my parents and all belongings inside are theirs except my clothes and mobile phone.

if i paid the council via their payslip at the post office the council will receive the payment there and then, but then what will equita try and do???

thanks for your attention

i paid the council tax, £346 but they said they cannot stop the bailiffs as they will want there own costs. spoke to bailiff and said the costs were over £200!

what can i do now?

send the bailiff a prove it letter if he has only been to your house once you owe him £24.50

tell him if wants any more you will be happy to fill a in form 4 complaint and

let the county court decide if his fees are legal

and if thats the road he wants to go down then equita will need to send you a screen shot of your account to include with your form4 complaint

he said over the phone that the £200 was what equita had billed and his expenses would be more on top?

i read somewhere that the council can request for the warrent to be returned or withdrawn???

will the citizens advice bureau be helpful in this matter?

thanks

there is no warrant to be returned you paid the council

the bailiff is talking rubbish equita are going to bill you for what all they have done is send you letters and they CAN NOT charge for letters sent through the post

like i said you have had 1 visit from bailiff you owe £24.50 nothing else

if you want to pay this do not give them your bank details use a cheque or a postal order

he said over the phone that the £200 was what equita had billed and his expenses would be more on top?

i read somewhere that the council can request for the warrent to be returned or withdrawn???

will the citizens advice bureau be helpful in this matter?

thanks

1.YOU only owe £24.50 because the bailiffs have only hand-delivered one letter.

2. They cannot charge you for letters or bills sent through the post.

3. In your shoes, I would let the bailiffs stew in their own juice and have no more to do with them. Remember, as they have not entered your property, they are powerless and toothless paper tigers. If, however, you want to pay them what you legally owe them (£24.50) you can send them a cheque - but as they have attempted to cheat you why should you bother? You have absolutely no moral obligation to pay even a penny to these chancers.

thank you for that, i am visiting the council tax office today to speak to them directly to resolve this matter and can i request that you give me a template letter to send to equita in which i will include a postal order for £24.50.

id rather give them that then let this go on further as it is affecting my health.

thanks again

i have paid £xxx directly to xxxxx council on (date)this clears my liability order

i have today spoken to several debt help organisations and have been reliably informed that as i have only had one visit from the bailiff before the liability order was paid that i owe the bailiff £24.50

please find enclosed a postal order for the above amount this is a full and final settlement of my account with equita

however if you think i have more charges than this please send me a screen shot of my account held with you and i will file a form 4 complaint and let the court decide if the charges are lawfully correct before i pay them

please send recorded delivery

rubbish the council cannot refuse a payment

the bailiff will charge you £24.50 for this visit

if you can pay the council direct on line do this

do not let the bailiff into your home if you have a car move it if you have a garden leave nothing out a spade will do a bailiff to add a levy

Slightly off topic.... if a bailiff has levied on a spade in your garden

(or a vehicle in my case for outstanding parking ticket) but has NEVER gained access to my property... does this levy give him right to forcibly enter my premises?

I used to be a bailiff a LOOOONG time ago but gladly got out of the "game" and at THAT time you physically had to levy on goods within the premises otherwise you would get bailiffs looking through the letterbox levying on goods they see??

C.

Hi Ukdeveloper,

AIUI they need a signature to have successfully levied and have walking possession. I believe it is a prescribed form form 7 rings a bell.

No doubt someone else will be along shortly to put us right.

I would also recommend that you start watching your back as some on this site believe that you (and I as another EX bailiff) are the spawn of Satan despite the assistance we try to give.

GK

I would also recommend that you start watching your back as some on this site believe that you (and I as another EX bailiff) are the spawn of Satan despite the assistance we try to give.

i for one most certainly don't think this and look forward to reading your posts in the hope that i can learn something that i can use to help others

this is a job that most people couldn't/wouldn't do however when needs must the devil drives and given the choice between doing this job or losing your home and feeding your kids through unemployment how Meny would opt to lose there home

in my opinion its how you do the job not the the job itself that is the problem