Sale of goods act, second hand car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I purchase a second hand car from a dealer a week today, I traded in my other vehicle and paid half of the remaining price of the new car via credit card, when I bought the car last week I was happy to see I received a 3month warranty to the value of £500.

Now I have a noise coming from the clutch and starter motor, they still work ok but there is a definite problem, and a break down of these parts are imminent

I have done my research on the ford mondeo I have bought and it seems to be quite a common problem which is caused by a fault with the dual mass flywheel that starts to disintegrate and quickly sends metal filings into the starter motor causing it to seize.

I have spoke to fords and all though they have not seen the car they are pointing out that this is symptoms of dual mass flywheel failure, and informed me that I am looking at a £1000 bill to fix.

So I have dropped the car off at the dealers and he is getting a garage to look at it today,

Firstly can I just suggest the dealer just gives me my money back, as I have just lost all confidence in the car, as I just know that some time soon this vehicle is going to pack up and I will be left with the £1000 bill after spending £3000 on the initial purchase.

Please help

Chris

As nothing has actually failed yet I dont think you can reject but as you have pointed out the problem you will be in strong position when it does. see what they say before getting to anxious.