• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

after 2 weeks on Champix

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to complement my post.

I not got any depression!!!Not got sad...or boring.

I'm really happy, make plans to future with money I'll save

and nice smell on my clothes and hair, hands...etc.

Glad to breath and belive on my health

and finally I just discovery

If you fell real necessity a cigarretes, if you take one

( the anxiety goes) But IF DECIDE YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE.

Also the anxiety goes too

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would chime in on this one. I used Champix and gave up on December 18th 2008. I have now been smoke free for a good year and a half and marked the ocassion by running a 10k marathon. I will be competing in a half marathon in September and feel better than ever.

For those of you considering giving up using Champix - It was the easiest method I have ever experienced. My cigarettes began tasting awful, which helped me continue in giving up, and I experienced no negative side affects. I actually paid £60 for the tablets and only done one course - best £60 ever spent.

I was a heavy smoker, so if I can do it ... you can do it too. Best of luck and congratulations to those who have recently given up. xx

• 5 months later...

Having read your account of taking Champix was wondering if you knew of any side effects of taking Champix and drinking alchol? My now ex partner is claiming it was the tablets that made him so paranoid and violent when mixed with drink, have you heard stories to this effect? As soon as he touched a drop of drink he literally turns into a monster, would appreciate any feedback please.

• 1 month later...

newbie here, but on day 10 of champix, not had a cig for a couple of days; no real side effects other than poor sleep, but that is something i suffer from time to time anyways.. no real cravings to speak of; having smoked 30 a day for 25 years, actually feel as though i dont need or want to smoke.. one day at a time, but still encouraging!

"Having read your account of taking Champix was wondering if you knew of any side effects of taking Champix and drinking alchol? My now ex partner is claiming it was the tablets that made him so paranoid and violent when mixed with drink, have you heard stories to this effect? As soon as he touched a drop of drink he literally turns into a monster, would appreciate any feedback please."

not sure about that, certainly hasnt had that kind of effect on me, though i would think that at worst the champix might intensify mood patterns which are already there; not sure they would create this result.. surely if champix + alcohol = strange behaviour, then removing alcohol from the equation would be a sensible move?

• 1 month later...

Hello and Welcome, scottishtommy.

Good luck with that, let us know how you get on :-)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 7 months later...

Hello everybody. I am a newbie here from Cape Town, South Africa and wanted to share my story and hopefully it will change your life, as it did mine.I am not a quitter yet, but I am getting there.. one day at a time..After 2 weeks of Champix, I honestly dont know why I did not try it sooner. Its so easy! I used to smoke 20-25 a day until I had a heart attack at the age of 26. The doctor at the hospital said that it was due to lack of exercise,stress, smoke and eating the wrong foods and I must change my lifestyle and obviously quit smoking. I came down to 14, 10 then 6, then 4, then something will happen in my life, and then I was back at 20. It went on like that for years.. Till the pharmacist recommended Champix in November. I went to the Doc, he checked me out, all is well, got my script.. All I did was set the date for the Monday after the holidays...I must admit, the 1st pill made me feel so sick, I was nauseas, wanted to vomit, my heartbeat felt like it went faster, I started sweating..it lasted for about 30 minutes. Oh and when you smoke a cigarette, it got worse!I had to learn the hard way.. Then the next day it got better and better,but I didn't smoke. One thing still plagues me is the nausea. I learned to combat it by sucking on a sour sweet [we call it mebos sweets] and it usually only lasts for about 30 minutes tops. Also eating 30 minutes before taking the morning pill also helps. I usually have bread with peanut butter or a bowl of what is called weet-bix/Nutrific here in South Africa.The night pill, I combat the insomnia with a warm cup of tea, lots of milk or I make me a pot of Chai tea [Google a simple recipe with cardamon,cinnamon,sugar and milk], which has calming effects.. But that was just the first 2 nights, I sleep like a baby now and can't say if it was the pill or the lack of nicotine as some people would say they felt when going cold turkey. I was a smoker for 19 years, and I honestly never thought it would be this easy. To all the haters of Champix, maybe its 1 in a million people who really suffer those major major side effects that I read on the net about before I started the pills, and I honestly feel it with those people who lost someone dear to them, but Champix actually calms me more. My appetite is like a rollercoaster though, I crave for sweet things, but I try and replace the craving with sweet melon, watermelon, plums, apples and other sweet fruits. I still carry sweets on me though, as it takes the 10 second 'crave when you driving' feeling away instantly, yet I dont crave for foods, just sweet things. I am actually surprised that I did not really gain a lot of weight, I think I gained 1.5 kilogram, which I can walk off easily. I had a runny tummy due to a virus I picked up at a family function, my mom and dad had the tummy virus or bug as we would say, so my daughter and I also had a runny tummy after the visit, and vomiting for a day, so I was forced to stop the Champix for 3 days as I was taking other medication for the running tummy. But in those 3 days without Champix I noticed my mood wasn't as cheerful as I usually was as to when I was on the Champix. So I can't say if it is due to the lack of taking the Champix, or if it was just because my stomach was cramping and working overtime that I was a bit miserable OR if my body realised that I am fooling it with the Cahampix, I dont know. But what was so amazing is that I didn't crave for a cigarettte for one second in those 3 days, which was awesome. Also I dont smell of smoke when visiting a Users desk, especially in winter[i do Tech Support], AND I can smell and taste so much more now, its AMAZING! My wife is fully supportive, and my whole family is so proud of me. My advice is tell the people close to you, their support realy helps a lot, or incase you're having a mood swing . I am now on day 17, and I honestly could not have done it without the Champix. I have tried gum,patches, mouth sprays, those electronic cigarettes, hypnosis, hookah pipes...almost everything. Then I tried ChampixSo good luck to all those who is trying to nick the habit, whichever way you are trying, Good luck...It is hard I know, but it is more willpower...

Day 15 on champix. Wasn't sure they would work but

haven't had a ciggie since day 7. Some side affects: felt

sick a couple of times, really vivid dreams, and not sleeping

well (which isn't like me) but they've stopped the cravings. I actually

feel quite positive and calm. Only thing is have a very sore

mouth and am worried about the tales of depression but I will

just see how I feel on the tablets.

I actually had that sore mouth for about 3 days... I thought it was a tooth troubling me

Warning Champix is more likely to kill you than smoking . It was released in America years ago but has now been banned because there are hundreds of libel cases because it is claimed the drug turned perfectly happy people suicidal . There are cases where people have murdered loved ones and all sorts .

This is a mind altering drug which works in a very similar way to anti-depressants .

When i gave up smoking after 30 years my GP prescribed Champix . I couldn't explain how it changed my personality as while using the drug i was not aware of any change . Thankfully my partner felt something was definitely amiss and so investigated both the withdrawal symptoms of giving up smoking and the effects and science of Champix .

As a result he burnt my remaining tablets and only my refusal to tell him which doctor prescribed them prevented him from going to the surgery and turning the GP into a patient !

I quit after 20 a day for 30 years by following my partners simple advice . If you want to quit throw your fags away FULL STOP - don't talk about - refuse to discuss it and very soon it will cease to exist . Every time you congratulate yourself , or blame your weight gain , or even tell someone else how to quit , you are feeding it , you are keeping the craving alive .

My partner still smokes simply because he wants to . I bet him at the time he could not follow his own advice so he quit for a month just to prove a point . I swear i could have strangled him lol because i know for absolute certainty he did not cheat and he is a very heavy smoker , but for that month you would swear he had never smoked in his life .

• 3 weeks later...