style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Couldn't think of anywhere else to post so posting in here.

I am seriously considering getting this done. Have worn glasses since I was 7 and am just sick of it now.At the moment they keep needing adjusting cos digging into my nose :evil: and all the other inconveniences (rain, snow, fogging up, losing them, the money spent over the years on replacements because of prescription changing, can't put make up on properly cos can't see (petty I know)).

I would like opinions from people who have had this done, how was it, did it hurt, what is the likely cost, and was it worth it in the end.

I have astigmatisim (sp) as well so don't know if that relevant.

Thanks in advance:)

I haven't had it done (read on and you'll see why), but looked into it, and my conclusion was:

VERY expensive, not guaranteed to work, even if it does, not as permanent as you'd think, and when it goes wrong, it goes VERY wrong and can't be fixed.

With all that in mind, I decided to stick to my glasses, nuisance that they are an' all. :-|

It costs about £400 per eye. Not everyone is suitable for it, and like bookie said, if it goes wrong, you vision in that eye goes something like trying to view the world through the bathroom window.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

you vision in that eye goes something like trying to view the world through the bathroom window.
What, steamy and dirty? I might want to reconsider then.... :razz:

i wore glasses for years & i had it done to both eyes with boots in regents st in london al,ost 10 years ago when it first came about, it cost me then £2,500 then for both eyes but to this day my vision has been perfect & i am now 51, if you do have it done i would go to someone like moorfields eye hospital in london as they are experts on eyes & i would not mess about trying to get the best deal moneywise, it is your eyes so do what is best for them regardless of cost !

my son has astigmatism and thought about it for a bit but his optician was really against it. said that if you go to a really high altitude your eye could explode - is this true? i've no idea. but he was so against it that my son totally went off the idea. i do know that you pay more with astigmatism than just being short or far sighted. he opted for contacts which he only wears when he goes out - wears glasses about 95% of the time. but he gets contacts for about £27 for 6 pair and those 6 pair last him about a year - as he wears them so little. it's a good compromise for him.

good luck and you are wise to look into it carefully before deciding one way or the other

• 3 weeks later...

Erm what about contact lenses? Not sure if you can have them with astigmatism, cheifly because I don't know what it is. My best guess, withouth cheating and going on google, does it mean your eyes are a different shape to normal?

If so a friend of mine had that and still had lenses, just had to pay a little more each month. I get lenses, solutions & after care for £10 a month. Granted my prescription is fairly straight forward, touch word, but might be another option.

I still keep an up to date pair of glasses.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

You can geat contacts for astigmatism... they call them torics.

Unless the operation will improve your eyesight I would leave well alone. I looked into this and decided against it as I have one short sighted and one long sighted eye.

I get contacts afor about £14 a box and they last quite a while as I can get away with wearing one in my dodgy eye!

Stick to glasses my mother had it done now she can not drive at night... Glasses are cool invest some money in clunky shades, I certainly get noticed more (by women) wearing sex is sex so it will work both ways, inaccessibility and all that. Glasses are the ideal solution no ifs or buts.

This guy had it done:p

eye_popping_record.jpg

He went to a backstreet doctor.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I know someone who had it done to both eyes... he had to use eye drops every 20 minutes for about 2 weeks after the op so thy must have been irritated if not painful... personaly I just couldnt stand anyone messing about when its not really necessary.

and you can get a damn good pair of glasses for £400 that do both eyes :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
:D well I had it done last thursday and wished i'd done it years ago. You do have to take the eye drops but they are antibiotic and anti inflammatory for a week and drops to keep them moist for a few weeks but not painful or irritated just abit dry sometimes. feels weird not wearing anything on my face tho after years of wearing specs. so for anyone who has considered it i would give it a thumbs up. :)

well done mad...!

and is your eyesight really good now?

any pain?

good on you for asking questions and making a judgment that was right for you! (singing "i can see clearly now" :D)

eyesight as good as when wearing glasses but had wavefront customvue because of the level of astigmatism and so once fully healed should actually be better than when wearing glasses. so fingers crossed. its just the weird feeling of not wearing anything on my face I need to get to grips with.

i had mine done 9 years ago & my eye sight is still ok, i had it done when it was at the early stage but it all went well & it must be a lot better & safer now.

i was advised to have laser eye surgery by the police non the less, namely i failed the special constable medical due to not being able to see the chart much less read it.

all i can say is do what i did, look down the list of possible side effects and decide from that, i decided the risks were too high, but saying that both brother, father in law and a friend have had it done and there fine. although to be honest brother doesnt count he had to have it done after getting a pen stuck in his eye

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: