DVLA & Inter-Credit International LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys need some advice to see where i stand with this. I own a car which was SWORN recently and register to my current address.

Recently my father gives me a letter which was sent by Inter-Credit International LTD to his address chasing for money with a lot of legal stuff if he doesn’t paid up. Now the letter was for me and ended up at my dads address. He had every right to open it as we have the same name. I feel this is a very BIG breach of data protection and now causing a rift between the family which will take time to sort out.

The legal stuff states that if he doesn’t pay he was going to be taken to court.

I accept that the car wasn’t Tax OR sworn which I don’t mind paying, but what I don’t except is them sending this letter to my father regardless of the name we share.

I have big problem with the family now because of this, what can I do???

FACTS: I never lived at my father current Address

DVLA: Have my current information update included the SWORN

Please help?????

If the car is not registered as being kept at your father's address then either the DVLA or Intercredit have used incorrect details.

In either case, your father is not liable at all because he is not the registered keeper of the vehicle despite any similarity in name. Not only that, one or both of Intercredit and DVLA are likely to be in breach of the Data Protection Act for sending him information about your personal affairs.

Your father should write to Intercredit informing them that the debt is disputed because the vehicle concerned is nothing to do with him and demand that they refer back to DVLA.

For your own part, do nothing until they contact you at the correct address.

:!:Nothing I post should be taken as legal advice. It is offered as an opinion only.:!:

This warning is in my signature because I'm not organised enough to remember to type

it in every post.

And you're considering trusting me????:eek: