Cap one and '28 day' letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Can someone please advise me as to what my next course of action is regarding a CCA request i sent Cap one?

They replied well within the time frame to say my account was on hold for 28 days while they looked into my request.

In a separate letter they asked me for proof of marriage (name change) and any payment details i had made to that account. In the letter they also wrote 'this is not a demand but a request'.

This is my first attempt at a CCA request and am kind of out my depth!

Thanks Luce

If they're not sure of your current name or what you've paid then they shouldn't be demanding money from you in the first place. The onus is on them to prove you owe the debt.

Cerberusalert is right (he always is LOL) ignore the idiots. Post up their next ridiculous request..maybe the family photo album?? Confirmation of your dog's name? :)

Chin up, you're doing it right..it's them that have lost the plot.

All the best,

Elsa x

• Haha 1

Cheers Ella and Cerberusalert, i thought it was a bit of a wierd request. Whats the usual response from them after the 28 days?

Luce x

wonder why they put your account on hold??? That doesn't sound Like Capital One we love so much?

Next? Most likely ou will get some pretence of a CCA identical to almost everybody on here - no signature etc and no original T+Cs.. the current ones will suddenly appear on a new document.

If the 12 working days have passed you can send the 'In Dispute' letter; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

No doubt your next contact will be through Debitas, their in-house threat monkeys.

• Haha 1

They have sent letters from at least three different companies; Lowell, Capquest and HL Legal.

What bugs me is the debt does not appear on any of my credit reports.

Is it 12 days after the 28?

Luce