Court date with barclays!!?

icelandviking
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after filing my allocation questionnaire (and waiting for an offer, but none has come) i have a had a letter through with a court date of August 11th to go for a hearing!

Now my question is, will they settle before this date, am I waiting for August now.... has anybody been in similar position.

Thanks for the help

Hi,

can you give more detail?

Are they suing you, or are you suing them?

Also, what the state of the agreement, have you sent them a CCA under s77/s78, or a SAR?

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

basically was claiming credit card charges for monument and barclaycard, go the standard rejection letter, followed by the here is an offer letter...so I went to MCOL filed the claim, they put in a defence, then got sent allocation questionnaire, so I filled that in and sent it back...2 days ago got a letter from the court with a date set to go to court in August.

My question is, is it likely they will settle before this, or am I off to court!

Thanks

basically was claiming credit card charges for monument and barclaycard, go the standard rejection letter, followed by the here is an offer letter...so I went to MCOL filed the claim, they put in a defence, then got sent allocation questionnaire, so I filled that in and sent it back...2 days ago got a letter from the court with a date set to go to court in August.

My question is, is it likely they will settle before this, or am I off to court!

Thanks

Have you claimed interest? compounded or stat s69?

If you've got a hearing date I'd advise you to get your court bundle ready for it, dont print it out but get everything ready just in case. Barclaycard may settle but it depends on the strength of the POC, their defence and what rate you are claiming interest.... and the amounts you are claiming.

Did the judge give any directions, any disclosures prior to the hearing?

S.

Edited by the_shadow
changed "ask for" to "give" --- Numpty!

I attached with my AQ a letter of direction (i got it from this site)

The letter from the court is 'a notice of trial'......and they want me to send documents to all parties involved and pay a hearing fee of £75 as well by the 29th of May.

What shall I do?

I attached with my AQ a letter of direction (i got it from this site)

The letter from the court is 'a notice of trial'......and they want me to send documents to all parties involved and pay a hearing fee of £75 as well by the 29th of May.

What shall I do?

Well first thing..... if you dont pay the hearing fee the case will be dismissed. So you need to pay that.

When you say documents to all parties involved do they say which documents, it may be helpful to copy or post up the text. As far as I'm aware usually the court bundle doesnt have to be exchanged until approx 14 days prior to the hearing.

Have you downloaded the basic charges bundle from this site? it gives details of what you need to include in it.

You'll need to put together 3 copies, one for them, one for the judge and one for yourself.

S.

in your experience, do they settle before the date.... or has anyone gone to court for an actual hearing?

thanks

From what I've read on here most Barclays claims get settled prior to a hearing, esp if the claimant is only asking for stat interest. Read through some of the Barclaycard success here -->>http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/32572-successful-claims.html

People who claim compounded interest have more of a battle and sometimes it takes until JUST before the hearing to get a settlement.

S.

Hi IV,

I wonder why BC did not settle with you before you filed a claim. If you're only claiming charges + s69 int't, perhaps you have claimed for charges beyond 6 years.

In any event, you should make sure you are ready to submit your evidence (court bundle) to the court and to BC on time.

You should also contact BLT (Barclays Litigation Team) NOW by email. Tell them you have a court date and would like BC to settle your claim as per your updated SOC (have a copy ready to send or read from).

See what they say, and come back to us.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Also, please confirm that BC filed a defence with the court.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Good, at least they're not able to deny receipt of your claim, which they have done before.

Have a look at Mackerel's Barclaycard thread for a recent contact name or email addy.

And send a letter into Barclays Bank PLC t/a Barclaycard at Churchill Place, London. Quote your court Claim No. and ask for someone to contact you asap, as you have a court date shortly.

ooooh, i found a telephone number, spoke to a guy that is looking after my case...he said we will dig it out have a look at it, to call him back on fri morning and we will bring it to an end woohoo...will update on fri

Hi IV,

Update your SOC (the interest figures for s.69 interest will auto-update when you access and print the SOC) so you have a figure you can agree on when you speak to him again. Write down the court fees paid to date so you have a total.

Do NOT agree to anything less than your total. If in any doubt, get his email addy and tell him you'll get back to him.

The come here and seek advice.

If you're only claiming charges, s.69 Statutory Int't and court fees, they should settle without problems.They'll want to refund direct to the CCard a/c - is that ok with you ? If not, you can insist on a direct refund but it'll complicate matters a bit.

:)