NatWest Ripping Me Off? Help

sweetcoolface
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Current Plus account with Natwest and after a while trying to get an overdraft from them and being turned down, I decided to close the account. Went into the branch and was told I need a proof of ID to close my account or I could send it by post with the requirement.

So I did send by post. I called a few days before posting to cancel all my DD and was told every DD on my account has been cancelled.

On the 7th of May 2009, I received a letter saying I have been charged 'Unpaid' DD charge on the 1st of May 2009 (com'n 7 days notification ?) and thus, was charged 2X £28 for some maintainance charge.

Called through to Collection team in birmingham and was told to contact the branch if they received my letter, but they said NO.

Now this leaves me in a position of jeorpardy ! I am being charged for 'Unpaid DD Charge' taken by NatWest themselve taking me overdrawn and on top "2X £28, on an account I thought had been closed ?

Pleasssssssssse what do I do ?

I would write to the bank and explain that you cancelled all your direct debits on x date with (name the person). Furthermore, explain that you tried to close the account but that you were told you had to put it in writing despite them taken reasonable steps to identify on the day you went into the branch. Tell them that you believe the bank has made an error in not cancelling one of the Direct Debits and that it has resulted in charges which you would like refunding and the account closed.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf