• Tweets

• His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
    • Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

welcome finance PPI and dodgey dealings

The wife
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

in 2005 my husband took out a loan for £1000, 3 months later he increased the loan in effect taking out a new loan and paying off the old one including PPI. both loans have PPI, the second loan was signed by him but not by the office (he went in to do this). have emailed Norwich Union and am awaiting their response with regards to the PPI's.

we then purchased a car through a dealership and were given the credit via welcome. unfortunately we hit a rough patch and arranged to pay the loan on a weekly basis but continued with teh car monthly. it got so bad for us the we the went through a DMP and welcome then started phoning my husband threatening to take the car (which was upto date) if he did not make a payment off the loan even though our DMP company were making regular payments. they said they could take the car because the accounts were linked!!!! then went as fara as to take a monthly payment for the car and put it in the loan payment instead so we got a default payment on the car....anyway the car is safe, we had had it over 18 months of a 3 year term so teh only way they could take the car was to go to court, he stopped dealing with them and left it up to me to go into the office and make the payments rather then ahving to deal with them himself because they intimidated him with all these threats...strangely enough they never talk to me, I did a bit too much research after the first nasty call threatening the car!! Dirty tactics!!!!

now they have sent the car to Lewis collections because we are unfortunately 1 payment behind all £144.?? of which we were making up by making £200.00 total payments a month unless it was a 5 week month and then it was £250. apparently our account for the car has been moved from our local office since november and consequently moved twice after that too.

what templates do I need to contact DG? is the second loan enforceable without their signature? and how does this break down work out if they don't charge interest on the acceptance fee?:

MONTHLY PAYMENTS:

CASH/CREDIT ADVANCE £59.05

ACCEPTANCE FEE £4.43

INSURANCE £20.61

TOTAL PER MONTH £83.98

24 payments with an acceptance fee of £75.

I will scan the paper work tomorrow when I am near the scanner to show you but you will need a magnifying glass on the bit with the monthly payments. Incidently that came from the first loan.

any advise/templates will be gratefully accepted.

thank you

:confused:

P.S sorry its so long needed to explain it to some degree.

Edited by The wife
for got to add something

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok never used photobucket before no idea if this is right but here is a link. please give me an opinion.

Pictures by The_wife-krys - Photobucket

another question has arisen from this though,

I highlighted an area with green on one of the copies that has a diffenernt rate of interest % written below the total charge for credit and the acceptance fee, does this mean that we are getting charged a different interest rate for the acceptance fee and the interest charge??? I know it sounds stupid but I am confused now:confused:

oh on the subject of the DMP we are making regular payments and due to welcomes "capitalisation" fee we are now gaining £5 a month more on his loan rather than seeing it go down.........

Edited by The wife
neded to add something else

As has been seen with a significant number of Welcome Loans, the PPI has proved to be useless when it comes to actually claiming....I have a pal who owes around 6k to Welcome and they keep calling round threatening to repossess the car, again he tried to claim when he was made redundant but wasn't able to because of some spurious reason....now they owe HIM nearer £7,000 in missold PPI and excessive charges.....

no we haven't claimed anything back yet or been intouch with them about it because I have only really started looking at his applications over the last couple of days, I don't have the car loan agreement...no idea if we got it let alone where he put it and to be honest I am not fussed about the car because that finishes in february (although the lady I spoke to at Lewis collections said that welcome have sent all their accounts that are in debt over so they are inundated with calls) but the loans are a bug bear of mine because of all the charges and now seeing the PPI on it, it has got me thinking.

incidently i did the APR thing and it doesn't match his.. the actual payments should be higher (without the PPI) but the interest is less, and as one of those statement shows he was, apparently, paying £4.43 a month for the PPI which is over £1 more than he should be paying if he is not paying interest on it.

is there a template to send to DG including mention the insurance tax premiums and showing that they have been paid?

And should we put the loan into dispute or get a CCA and SAR first?

• 2 weeks later...
excellent thank you.

can I just add to anyone paying by direct debit, watch out because if you cancel it they can and will set a new direct debit up without informing you.

i was paying welcome by direct debit up untill they refused to help us with thre faulty car they financed, stopped the payments to make them listen to us, theyve never reset the direct debit and i call once a month now to make payment over the phone by debit card.

ive just begun the process of sending a sar request and the harassment by phone letter.

maybe thats just our local office that restart DD's!

we cancelled the DD to pay weekly as thats how we get paid, so it was easier to pay it that way than try and save it until the end of the month (no discipline when it comes to money...lol)

First Thing Is Dont Panic

You Are Getting Excerlent Advice And As I Have Enough Welcome Threads, Ill Be In The Back Round

Dont Worry About Lewis Dca, Its Cattles Plc, Thats Welcomes Parent Company.

Prob Not Around For To Much Longer.

They Are Desperate For Cash, 500 Mill Loan To Pay In 21 Days.

Thats Why So Meny Welcome Threads At The Moment

Get Those Docs Posted Up Asap Then We Will Start Giving Welcome Some Grief

• 2 weeks later...

well I knew welcome were bad but this takes the biscuit, got a statement for the DMP and also from welcome, a loand for 2000 with 706 for PPI has suddenly gone up to 6930 aparently the original the original loan was for 4K...the DMP are looking into it after sending them a photocopy of the cursomer copy...looks like they might have done a re loan!!!! will keep you posted.

scumbags!!!!

Evening All

To Begin With

You Would Have Had To Sign An Agreement To Modify The First

Did You Ever Go Back Into A Branch And Sign A New Agreement

I Am Being Very Cautiouse On What I Say As I Know Welcome, There Doing, Were Riddled With Internal Fraud

no, he has not gone in to sign anything at all, we had read previous sites about welcome and realised what they were doing by changing the terms of a loan (basically re-writing it on longer terms lower payments and more interest) so he refused when they offered him a lower payment, especially as our original offer to them was higher than they required, we just wanted to pay it weekly rather than monthly and after having 2 DD's reinstated by them we were very cautious.

when we were paying the car in the office (me going in) they took the payment and after harrassing him to make a payment off the loan, which the DMP were doing they took the £150 payment and took it off the loan, then told head office we hadn't paid the car...head office looked into it and lo and behold the car payment re-appeared in the car account, from the loan account. so because of these dubious occurrences we are very sceptical on their offers and he wont speak to them.

incidently I have posted all the loan agreements etc it is linked above. can anyone look them over and see if they are correctly done as i have no idea what to look for.

thank you

he went in and took out a further loan 3 months after taking out the first one, so yes that was a re- written one. but since then he has not re- written a loan thats how its amazing that a £2000 loan can go up to £4463 or rather £6930 with interest...they told the DMP our original loan was for over £4000.

thank you, I had noticed that... although my previous messages are full of typo's I am not stupid and they make no sense to me in anyway, I used to work in sales and we did contracts and they were easy to understand, those ones the figures go all over the place....

thanks again

I just used a loan calculator found on another thread and now i am very confused.

APR 54.40%

£2000 loan without PPI included:

repayments per month £113.72 X36 months

total interest £2093.92

Loan with PPI total credit £2707.36

repayments £153.88

total interest 2833.32

actual loan repayments according to the contract on £2706.36

£137.08 per month

total interest £2153.41

HELP! please what am I doing wrong incidently I kept the arrangement fee off.

major question needs answering fast please.

If I sent an SAR, can it be for multiple accounts and will only one £10 fee be acceptable or do i need to send £10 for each account and seperate letters for each one too?

I know it might sound silly but checking through bank statements our account number has changed 3 times since the loan was taken out.

i would edge on the side of caution and issue a letter + £10 per account... just in case.

Welcome (from what I've read) seem to take every opportunity to delay EVERYTHING!!! if by chance you are by law meant to claim per account, they won't inform you of your mistake and you'll end up losing valuable days waiting for a response that will never arrive.

Hopefully one of the other more experienced members will be along shortly to advise.

Edited by gavin2121

thanks, I hope so too. I also need to know if it has to be the big green form that he should have signed if he had the loan re-written or if they can ge away with an A4 print out to reduce his payments when he was off sick?

Hi The Wife

First Thing Is Ten Quid Covers All Info Welcome Have On You, Past And Present

If They Delay Or Its Incomplete, I Have A Default Template To Send

Next Point

When A Loan Is Re-written,

Both Parties Have To Sign

Its An Agreement To Modify The First

I Repeat

Both Parties Must Sign An Agreement To Modify The First Agreement For Which You Would Be Given A Copy