Natwest Charges Offer Received; should I argue

ladyessex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know what 'asking is probably here already but i can't find it.

I have received an offer for my charges under the hardship plea of 2763.00 when i was claiming 3333.25 plus 1086 interest (no conditions attached and offering to pay more should the court ruling be advantagous to me).

I was going to write back asking for the full amount, no interest and maybe a payment for the hardship they have caused me over the period (the many weekends with no food for kids, when they stole my benefit payments). Has anyone declined this offer before and got any better offers, or does anyone have some words of wisdom!!

Should I wait until June and see what happens in court or grab this offer with a smile.

My head is spinning......................

Accepting any offer now will not preclude from receiving the balance at the conclusion of the OFT test case, as per the FSA waiver:

(16)

if the firm attempts to resolve a relevant charges complaint after 27 July 2007:

(a)the firm must not seek agreement from the complainant that the resolution is in full and final settlement of the matter;

(b) in relation to such complaints, if the outcome of the test case produces a result that is more favourable to the complainant, the firm must take all reasonable steps to pay any difference in the amount of compensation actually received by the complainant and that that the complainant would have been entitled if his claim has not been settled by the firm then; and

© the firm must explain the implications of its approach and commitment;

(