style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i am hopin some one mill be able to give me some advice,as my partner could not afford to pay her council tax ,she went to the c.a.b and done a means form ,the result of this was she had a payment card sent to her from the council to pay 50 pound a month unfortunatly she never made a payment but has managed to save some money to come off the dept...this have now progressed since and have found out today that letters apparently have been sent by the courts for her(only found out by baillifs)to pay the money.....the bailif left a letter sayin that if she could not pay the bill in full then if she payed a initial payment of 100 then she could still pay by instalments.......i phoned this baillif who works for rossendales and he said some forms need to be filled in and sent off.....now sorry this is turnnin into a bit of a book but is it still to late to start makin payments direct to the council now that she can afford to and what can be done in regards to the baillifs....they have not been in the property at all......any help on this matter would take a grate wieght off her mind as she does suffer with bypola(think thats how you spell it )if some one could help as the bailif is due back very soon ....thanks...

she has not made any payments to the council yet she was going to pay some on friday on the payment card,if i open the door can they walk in without bein invited in....sorry for my ignorance but kinda need step by step advice on this matter....thanks for any info on this

do not let them in

speak to them through an open upstairs window

tell them that you will not be allowing them to speak to her as she is bipolar and will come under the national standards of enforcement as a vunrable person then ask them to leave

Edited by hallowitch

send a letter to the council telling them that she is bipolar and comes under the national standards of enforcement as a venerable person

explain to them that because of this a payment card is no use as she will in all probability not be able to manage her account this way

and ask them to take the account back from the bailiffs and set up a standing order to pay an amount that she can afford

thanks for the info....just one other thing if the door is opened to see who is there or if speaking already to someone at the door are they allowed to walk in......would just like to thank everyone for there help as i am sure this will stop her worring

bailiffs are masters at getting into peoples property by peacefully entry so if you open the door to them they may manage to gain entry

if the door is open the cannot put there foot in the door to stop you closing it and they cannot barge past you

your welcome

but you must get the council to take this back from the bailiff because the bailiff could turn up anytime I'm not trying to frighten you but

with your partners illness this is not a good situation for her if she was at home alone when they come

1. keep all doors and windows locked shut when out at all times.

2. do not open the door to anyone you do not know , speak through the window or letter box.

3. do not argue or listen to any threats of the police are here, locksmiths or removel men, this is a civil matter the police cannot get involved unless there is an incident.

4. they cannot levy any item that does not belong to you, only items that belong to the person named on the council tax bill.

5. if they remove anything you tell them is not yours, i.e. partners car, then it is unlawful and they can be done for theft.

6 do not pay 1 single penny to the bailiff, they will have to send it back to the council and you can then make a new arrangement to pay the council back. I have done this and it has worked , i got this advice off a barrister who deals with council taxes and bailiffs, good luck.