• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

bailiff Andrew James Enforcement CTAX debt at my door a few weeks ago

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There appears o be great lot that has gone on here over a long period of time. I know it feels as if you are going over old ground but would like to know if you could confirm or deny any of the following.

1. Do you know exactly how many Liability Orders you have, which periods they cover and for how much.

2. In relation to 1 above do you know from the Council how much is still outstanding on each account (if more than 1).

3. Have you asked the Bailiff Company for a statement of your account including screenshot. As a delaying tactic they may ask for £10 for this info, this does not come under the scope of Data Proection so no fe is applicable. The Company are obliged to give you this information.

4a. The levy - if not already done so you must immediately provide the Bailiff Company with a copy of any HP agreement(s) that may be in place for any goods which are on your levy.will photocopy them a copy and send it first thing

4b. Even if the levy is valid the value of the goods thereon would not cover any proportion of the debt outstanding or any costs so incurred. Therefore the Bailiff has a levy that only inflates his and his Company's pocket. If you did not have enough goods to cover a good proportion of the debt then the file should have been returned to the Council as Nullo Bono.the council know what was put on the levey and they said it dont matter as they can remove more goods when they come in

5. If indeed the levy contains goods on HP then the levy is invalid and you must ask the Bailiff to remove the levy and any charges related to it.have asked the council to take it back but they say no every time

6. Payment agreement by Council - have the Bailiffs been notified by the Council that a payment plan is in place, to be on the safe side send a copy to them. Are your payments up to date.

am unsure if they have informed them of the payment plan and yes payments are up to date

7. Copy any letter you send to the Bailiffs to the Council and ask for it to be put on your file. This so it can be referred to at a later date if necessary.

will make sure i do this from now on

I believe the Bailiff and his Company are spinning things out in order to inflate their own fees. This appears to have been ongoing for best parts of 12 months now and should have been recalled back to Council some months ago.

PT

i to think they are trying to get as much out of me as poss as they said in the letter i had yesterday that they will add even more charges for them coming to remove goods my argument has always been about the extra cost for the view to remove so why put on yet more costs when they have already put them on....

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by ploddertom viewpost.gif

There appears o be great lot that has gone on here over a long period of time. I know it feels as if you are going over old ground but would like to know if you could confirm or deny any of the following.

1. Do you know exactly how many Liability Orders you have, which periods they cover and for how much.

2. In relation to 1 above do you know from the Council how much is still outstanding on each account (if more than 1).

3. Have you asked the Bailiff Company for a statement of your account including screenshot. As a delaying tactic they may ask for £10 for this info, this does not come under the scope of Data Proection so no fe is applicable. The Company are obliged to give you this information.

4a. The levy - if not already done so you must immediately provide the Bailiff Company with a copy of any HP agreement(s) that may be in place for any goods which are on your levy.will photocopy them a copy and send it first thing - Good

4b. Even if the levy is valid the value of the goods thereon would not cover any proportion of the debt outstanding or any costs so incurred. Therefore the Bailiff has a levy that only inflates his and his Company's pocket. If you did not have enough goods to cover a good proportion of the debt then the file should have been returned to the Council as Nullo Bono.the council know what was put on the levey and they said it dont matter as they can remove more goods when they come in

Partly true but if you did not have enough goods in the first place then what would be the point

5. If indeed the levy contains goods on HP then the levy is invalid and you must ask the Bailiff to remove the levy and any charges related to it.have asked the council to take it back but they say no every time

The bailiff Company are the ones who you must demand action from. The response from the Council is a standard reply.

6. Payment agreement by Council - have the Bailiffs been notified by the Council that a payment plan is in place, to be on the safe side send a copy to them. Are your payments up to date.

am unsure if they have informed them of the payment plan and yes payments are up to date

In that case inform them yourself by email followed by a copy in post

7. Copy any letter you send to the Bailiffs to the Council and ask for it to be put on your file. This so it can be referred to at a later date if necessary.

will make sure i do this from now on

I believe the Bailiff and his Company are spinning things out in order to inflate their own fees. This appears to have been ongoing for best parts of 12 months now and should have been recalled back to Council some months ago.

PT

i to think they are trying to get as much out of me as poss as they said in the letter i had yesterday that they will add even more charges for them coming to remove goods my argument has always been about the extra cost for the view to remove so why put on yet more costs when they have already put them on....

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

evening all....am after a little letter writing help tonight have once again informed the bailiffs that my dvd player is on hp but they dont seem to want to take any notice of this as i have had yet another one of their pay now or we are coming to get your things letters....you have all been so helpful with me through this hard time many thanks to you all.....council are being paid weekly and no complaints from them thankfully...didnt tell the bailiffs that am paying the council weekly as its coming off this years bill dont think it has anything to do with the order they have.....

total agree with PT if there one case on here thats stinks its this one

neither her council her MP or the mayor have done anything to help

They have no interest in the fact that the bailiffs have have levied on

goods that on the exempt list (Table chairs) goods that are on HP DVD

and a telly that does not belong to her (its got a meter on it )

bailiffs charged her £250 van fee and the goods levied wont cover this fee never mind anything else

all perfectly legal according to her council

Its no surprise that bailiffs get away with so much councils don't care all they want is there money

councils should be investigated also it would go a long way to show that if you are up against bailiffs and the council you have no chance

Hi HW

I have to agree on this. If ever there was a case to be referred to LGO it should be this. If I didn't know better I would think that the Bailiff's are running things at the Council. May be its time things were upped a little by getting a letter put together to send as a Formal Complaint to the CEO at the Council. In just over another months time we are into another financial year yet this lot are still trying to pressurise without any compassion someone who is clearly struggling. I'll see if I can have a word with a friend about the wording.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

try this

Account ref: ******

Dear Sir

I advise this to be the final time I shall be drawn to address this matter.

You have failed to recognise the goods on which you have levied upon can be seen to make the said levy invalid. I have sent you documented evidence the DVD player that appears on the levy is subject to a hire purchase agreement, furthermore the table and chairs as listed are not permitted by law, subject to a levy and a listed broken microwave suggests the levy to be laughable.

Should I not receive within seven (7) working days written notice the charges imposed by you appertaining to this levy have been removed from the account I shall escalate the matter to expose your fraudulent charges.

would like to say a great big thank you to you all you have all helped me so much over this long hard time it will have been going on for a year next month and am just about ready to give up....wonkey thanks for the letter am writing it up now pt thanks for the link am seriously considering it but am not to sure about appearing on tv or anything like that (dont think im ready for stardom just yet lol) and hallowitch you have been a rock in all this.....will try once more with this letter and if this one dont work i think it will be time for some big changes to take place cos i really am at the end of my tether with this that's all i want from them is to remove the van fee as this is the only charge i have complaints about as it is so unfair i dont understand the idea of putting something like this on the only reason ppl get into debt in the first place is cos they dont have the money to pay and then they put you in a even bigger hole and just expect you to sit back and take it god they make me sick......

Hi tottys

One question I would like to ask as I didn't notice it in the threads.

How many of you are there in the household and apart from the table & chairs listed on your levy what other seating do you do you possess?

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

would like to say a great big thank you to you all you have all helped me so much over this long hard time it will have been going on for a year next month and am just about ready to give up....wonkey thanks for the letter am writing it up now pt thanks for the link am seriously considering it but am not to sure about appearing on tv or anything like that (dont think im ready for stardom just yet lol) and hallowitch you have been a rock in all this.....will try once more with this letter and if this one dont work i think it will be time for some big changes to take place cos i really am at the end of my tether with this that's all i want from them is to remove the van fee as this is the only charge i have complaints about as it is so unfair i dont understand the idea of putting something like this on the only reason ppl get into debt in the first place is cos they dont have the money to pay and then they put you in a even bigger hole and just expect you to sit back and take it god they make me sick......

Just send the letter as is and keep a copy. If they send or deliver anymore threats, simply send them back without postage. marked "unsolicited mail"

Then we will see who gets fed up first.:-):-):-)

WDl

tottys don't forger the TV that is a very important part of this levy as it has a meter on it therefore there is no way it can be removed and proves it doest belong to you

as for TV stardom come on now your a pretty girl you would look good on telly

seriously it would certainly bring shame to your local authority and the mayor and perhaps they could tell your story without you appearing in front of the camera

if they showed the goods that have been Levy that are supposed to cover all bailiffs fees and part of the debt it would bring shame to the bailiffs and the council

why don't you send the council a subject access request as i understand it your not even sure where the debt came from as you were on benefits at the time

hi pt there is 5 of us and we have a corner 3 piece but that is also on hp so he aint having that anything that i owe which is of value is on hp i have also been informed by the ppl that i had it off that even though i had things over 3-4 years ago it stays their property as long as i have a account with them as when i purchased some thing new my payments come down but everything i have is just rolled into one if that makes sense to you it does to me cos it means that all its all covered from the vultures....

tottys don't forger the TV that is a very important part of this levy as it has a meter on it therefore there is no way it can be removed and proves it doest belong to you

as for TV stardom come on now your a pretty girl you would look good on telly

seriously it would certainly bring shame to your local authority and the mayor and perhaps they could tell your story without you appearing in front of the camera

if they showed the goods that have been Levy that are supposed to cover all bailiffs fees and part of the debt it would bring shame to the bailiffs and the council

why don't you send the council a subject access request as i understand it your not even sure where the debt came from as you were on benefits at the time

lol thanks for the confidence boost needed that really am thinking about it now....

hi pt there is 5 of us and we have a corner 3 piece but that is also on hp so he aint having that anything that i owe which is of value is on hp i have also been informed by the ppl that i had it off that even though i had things over 3-4 years ago it stays their property as long as i have a account with them as when i purchased some thing new my payments come down but everything i have is just rolled into one if that makes sense to you it does to me cos it means that all its all covered from the vultures....

OK thanks, that clears up why they could levy on the other chairs as you do have other seating, still doesn't make their levy any more valid. Have you sent them copy of HP agreement for the DVD player yet.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have had a mental block, didn't notice about TV, although it should have been as plain as f**t in a pigsty that the TV does not belong to you have you also furnished them with the details of this, either the Rental agreement or a letter from them.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the tv isnt on the levy but everything is paid for through the tv sorry for the confusion..and yes sent them the rental agreement for the dvd but they didnt take o notice of it cos had another letter off them saying pay up or we will be coming...have thought about asking the manager to come out so that they can see what kind of levy they done so they can see how worthless it is the table is getting worse only 2 ppl at a time can eat on there as its falling apart and am not buying a new one for them to take away....

Have had a mental block, didn't notice about TV, although it should have been as plain as f**t in a pigsty that the TV does not belong to you have you also furnished them with the details of this, either the Rental agreement or a letter from them.

PT

sorry PT had to go back and look the TV is not on the levy

but i thought anything on hp they could not take as i told him that the TV was on hp and a few other things he did not put them down

• 6 months later...

hi all its been a very long time since i been on here i am still having problems with bailiffs i managed to get almost all of my debt paid off was down to the last £300 but as circumstances change all the time i was skint but they dont care about that to cut a long sotry short my bill has now gone shooting back up with all the charges thay have put on it works at almost £500 worth of charges anyway they called out the other day and i had rented a car for the weekend and it was still outside my house they have now put a new levey on that im not to worried about it as like i said it is a hired car i told him that but he said not to worry he will take my word for it but he then went on to put £120 charge on for leveying on it can he do this as i thought that as the car was hired then that would not make his levey liable is this right???

hi tottys

Jesus god hen i thought this would be well and truly over by now

they cant add more charges to your account they already have a levy on goods for this debt and they cant levy a hire car

this account already has a levy and a van fee if you missed any payments there next auction should have been the removal of goods already levied

i dont know what they playing at have asked them time and time again for a screenshot of they account but have never had one wrote to them this morning demanding one will see if i get one they make me laugh even if the car was mine they should know better the car is a 09 plate so how they can justifie leveying this i dont know..does this now make the levey invalid and that they would not be aloud to re-enter the house as they have done a new levey???

hi hallowitch knew you would come to my aid..forgot to say hello in my last post was trying to settle the kids back in once on is up they all up...

the total owing minus the new charge is £341 (thats with a charge from last vist for around £80 just for a letter)

cost of levy £33.00

enf fee £125.00

walking possesion fee £11.00

will request a subject acsses request in the morning..thanks again for your help.

hi hallowitch knew you would come to my aid..forgot to say hello in my last post was trying to settle the kids back in once on is up they all up...

the total owing minus the new charge is £341 (thats with a charge from last visit for around £80 just for a letter)

cost of levy £33.00

enf fee £125.00

walking possession fee £11.00

will request a subject access request in the morning..thanks again for your help.

this is total bollacks they cant charge you for £80 for a letter they cant you an enforcement fee did you sign the notice of seizure on the car

yes i just scribbled on it was still half asleep knocked me up at 7 in the morning he also said he went to the neighbours to see whos car it was cheaky git not seen the neighbours to ask them if he did cant think they would be to impressed with being woken that time of the morning