A practical means to end Wheel Clamping on Private Land. Your help and input needed. Please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Precisely.

It's like asking someone for directions and then declining to reveal where you want to go.

To be honest, although you decline to think so, you are trying to make clamping illegal. To do that requires a change in the law because it is currently legal, whether you like that fact or not.

In order to change the law requires the support of MP's and if they have already indicated that they are not interested, and you are not prepared to put the idea into the public domain before such pressure groups as the media, you are wasting your time.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

I was unaware that I had referred to Councils ticketing on Private Land.

This is the problem, you are unwilling to say what it is that youy are proposing but expect us to have an opinion or to make suggestions. When we infer what it might be (given that the Council take the revenue according to you and some kind of enforcement occurs on private land and it is not clamping or towing, not an unreasonable inference) you go all coy again.

Option 1. I am an idiot, a practical joker or just misguided. If you think one of these is the case, I apologise for having wasted your time and would suggest you waste no more of it on this thread.

Option 2. I am on the level. If you think this a possibility, and consider that my objectives are reasonable, I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Why do you keep saying this? Most of us on here would have given you the benefit of the doubt, but the more you keep coming out with this kind of stuff I am beginning to lean toward option 1.

What would be the most just way for the landowner to deter ME from parking MY car on his property; and what REASONABLE sanction SHOULD he be able to impose/ levy on ME if I choose to trespass.

I have seen this question before, many times, always from BPA members or Wolverhampton know it alls. It is the what would you do if I came and parked on your driveway argument. It has also been answered many times - there are a host of physical devices and systems to deter and prevent unwanted parking that can be deployed at reasonable cost if the real intent were not to rob motorists blind and make a disreputable living off the backs of other people. Now we know that the BPA in its hopeless optimism (wishful thinking) would like nothing better than to obtain some kind of statutory or semi-statutory basis for private parking enforcement. Until we know that you are proposing that may even be your plan too. If that is the case you cannot expect to have much support here.

What it reminds me of is Basil Rankine coming on here to try and tell us how he could get all our credit cards and loans written off through a method only he knew of, and getting really upset when the regulars kept on telling him that unless he could show us how, no-one would take him seriously... (turns out we were right, and it was hinging on the CCA, as we all suspected all along :razz:).

Sorry, but on this site, we never buy "sold as seen" so to speak. ;-)

I’ve asked you for directions, and I’ve told you precisely where I want to go. I’ve even told you what I want to do when I get there. But you demand that before you tell me (even if you have the slightest idea what direction I should take); that I strip naked, then hand over my bank details and pin numbers! You demand to see EVIDENCE of what I want to do when I get there! I’m not going to publish them for the same reason I (and you) don’t publish your personal details here. I am comfortable about your ethics, but in case you forgot there are lots of strange people looking over your shoulders, and I don’t trust them!

You do good work here, you fight the good fight, help the weak and reassure the scared. Reading some of these threads has been educational, but also a bit like watching a bad western…… ‘its all right mizzy, your safe now. We grizzled old-timers will ride back to your ranch with you, and whup those pesky varmints. YEE HAH‘! …..Then there is the fun of taking potshots at the trolls as they poke their silly heads over the horizon for you to pick off (new analogy now) like a bad war film….. ’Did you see me wing the Blighter? Yes Algy, that’s another Hun that won’t bother our loved ones again. Yikes Charlie, there’s more of the blighters, lets get ‘em lads; TALLY HO!……. Its good work like I said and your so Bl***y good at it that you can do it in your sleep. In fact, looking at the time some messages get posted…….

Then I turn up (and yes you have made it very clear that I’m in the wrong place); with something different. It’s not the usual ’please rescue me’. Hey, maybe it’s a troll in disguise, prod it a few times with a stick to see if it bites. Then we can stomp it‘! You seem to be starting to lean in this direction now…..

"I have seen this question before, many times, always from BPA members or Wolverhampton know it alls".

Fact! I have nothing to do with Wolverhampton. Fact! I am not, nor have ever been a member of, nor been associated in any way with the BPA, Mr McCarthy*.

Don’t bother any more, I’ll go away, and you can revert to Krytenesque ‘Smug Mode’ whilst rescuing damsels in distress. You never need admit to the fact that as far as that guidance I asked for; you just don’t know the way! Nor do I. (In fact, it may well not exist). Yes, I probably am the idiot here, because I was absurd enough to think that a loose collective of (genuinely admirable, committed and skilled) armchair lawyers might think outside the box, might take the merest step outside their comfort zone. Sorry for wasting your time, but don’t worry, I wasted more of mine writing this than you did reading it.

If you want to keep on deriding me, feel free. (looks like dogsh*t, smells like dogsh*t, tastes like dogsh*t; just as well we didn‘t tread in it! Maybe a BPA virus, or a new type of troll? We‘ll never know Boys…). I’ll check this thread every so often to see if someone new has come along who can respond to me at face value and make a sensible suggestion to what I still feel was a reasonable request. TTFN.

(*Joe, if you anyone needs help. Hope not.)

Edited by clampless
Failed to highlight quote as such

You've been given guidance. Go see a solicitor, get the idea protected if it's possible to, and then go see a business startup company to help you make some appointments and get your idea off the ground.

What else were you expecting anyone to say?

Clampless, it is pointless you throwing your toys out of the pram or making sarcastic references to the motives of those who give selflessly of their time to help others on here. You say you have a plan to end clamping but refuse to say what it is. The few details you have given suggest that it is far from a great improvement. Personally I could not care less who is looking over my shouder. I would guess that 99% of trolling on this board is carried out by one individual who is to put it mildly a bit deranged. I would have been happy to make suggestions had you been more open but until you say what your plan is I cannot say whether I agee with it or not. I would imagine that the same goes for everyone else here.

You see the problem Clampless? No-one's trying to shoot you down. The problem is that you can't say what your idea is so no-one can evaluate it or make any practical suggestions.

You can resolve this and have constructive dialogue if you get your idea legally protected first.

If you can, then it's something you should have done years ago, but in any case something you should do right now, before someone else has the same idea.

If you can't protect it then you can give up any thoughts of licencing it out for a charge as well. If it can't be protected, it's open access and no-one is going to pay you anything. That being the case, you might as well be up-front about it.

Can I Patent My Business? - Inventor Resource (UK)

Q.

I'm trying to patent my business idea.

Is that possible? Just in case it takes me a little time to get it up and running.

dots500thin.gif

A.

There are generally two types of protection you can apply for when you start a business that is based on an idea or an invention. The first is copyright protection, the second being patent protection. The key thing to remember is that you can’t protect an idea, you can only protect the expression of that idea.

I believe that you can register your idea, blueprint, whatever it is with a lawyer so that you can then prove that you thought it first, but you'd have to check directly. That being the case, you can then throw it open for everyone here to discuss without fear of not being accredited with the idea in the future.

At the end of the day you still want money of the motorist, so bog off.

To be fair, comments like that are hardly constructive. Yeh the guy has an idea he obviously wants to protect, but I'd sooner have a council to appeal to than a hotmail account and a mobile number with a wrong digit.

"I can end clamping with my great idea... what do you think?"

"how are you going to do it, whats this great idea?"

"Im not telling you, but what do you think of my idea?"

I'm sorry, its a pointless conversation.

• Haha 1

Then I turn up (and yes you have made it very clear that I’m in the wrong place); with something different. It’s not the usual ’please rescue me’.

I think you have now got it. The purpose of this board is to empower individuals to have the confidence and insight to fight companies and authorities on a level playing field. It isn't here to advise people how to change the law, it is here to help people use the existing laws to ensure fair play against those who use others ignorance of the law to bully individuals.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Just wanted to clarify my position - I would dearly love to see the end of the clamping industry as we know it. The operators are not properly regulated despite the SIA's claims to the contrary. The clampers are often thuggish and intimidating. That coupled with the lack of standards over signs and warnings IMV suggest the whole system is rotten.

IMV its broken beyond repair. The whole thing should be outlawed as per Scotland.

I also agree with the posters above. Posters such as Medusa have demonstrated that the so-called impartial adjudicators for DPE schemes cannot be independent because of where their funding comes from. Given the brinkmanship played by some councils when faced with watertight appeals (i.e. holding out to the day of the appeal in the hope you'll pay up), shows that they are hardly trustworthy (cf a hyena dishing out the meat at feeding time in the zoo or an MP making an Expense claim:D).

I would not trust politicians or civil servants enforcing any scheme on private land.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaps & Chaplesses I have great idea for turning water into something else what you think:D

Can I run my car on it and will it be free? If it's not then I don't care and you can find another board to post on. :rolleyes:

Happened to be passing through Aldi today wherein I spied some bright shiny yellow clamps for the princely sum of £16. That got me thinking. If I shaved my head, eat lots of pies so that I gain 10 stone in weight and commit a few assaults so that I have a criminal record, do you think there is a future for me in the game? Mind you I would not be clamping on private land, I would be going around clamping PPC bosses' cars (or pickups if you prefer).

Mind you I would not be clamping on private land, I would be going around clamping PPC bosses' cars (or pickups if you prefer).

And first up would a certain gentlemen of the porcus persuasion from the west midlands no doubt. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------