Any news from PT or UK26 yet???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing in this case that will help them or anyone else.
sweeping statement there,

personally, i feel you are wrong, no, i know you are wrong.

if i told you what came to light, then you would see that the assignment was rocky, and in fact you would see the implications for those who were BEING sued as opposed to those WHO WERE SUING

the clue is in the point above, if you can see it;)

i too spend my time on here to help everyone, i often atttend hearings with people on a pro bono basis, i often end up paying my fuel expenses etc to help people so please dont sit there criticising me or UK26, as i said wait til i have spoken to Uk and it is his call what gets disclosed about the case yesterday, i will of course assist anyone who has a case with lowells or any other DCA and will use the knowledge to good effect i can assure you

• Haha 1

Some posts on this thread have made me angry, especially the mention of this being a con. Regardless of what can or cannot be said pt and UK have had a positive outcome.

The Leeds Losers DIDN'T win, isn't that what's important? I'm sure, in time, the details will be revealed - but until then, can we not all just bask in the glory?

Well done UK for taking this all the way, and hats off to you pt.

It's best not to jump to any conclusions until UK26 has been on and posted.

I'd like to thank both UK26 and PT for giving the leeds losers some hassle. I'm sure a lot of good will come out of this, and you're both to be commened for the hard work and commitment that has gone into all this. Without people llike you two, the DCA's would still be walking all over us while we hide behind the sofa.

People like UK26 and PT are the inspiration behind other cag members who are now brave enough to go to court themselves and make life as tough as possible for the DCA's.

:D:D:D

• Haha 1

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I am surprised at the tone of some of these posts.

Whatever way you look at this, Lowells didnt get their own way and that to me is the be all and end all of the matter.

I see references made to the specific thread on the matter by people who breached the confidentiality that was requested so they really have no room to come in here griping.

Paul and UK, congratulations on the outcome, what more needs to be said at this point.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

i think that it is important to remember, that Lowells and UK26 came to an agreement out of court.

it is also important to note that, and i have to say this as it is quite true, Lowells did conduct themselves quite reasonably, Certainly more professionally than some of the DCAs ive been in court against.

the bottom line is that first and foremost,that UK26 achieve the best result he could out of the situation. That was the case here, both sides got what they wanted, UK didnt win, He didnt lose but the same applies to lowell group.

please dont think for one minute that i have become pro lowells as i have not, i am merely telling it like it was, if lowells had conducted themselves disgracefully then i would say so without question!

i am more interested now in assisting those who need it with cases which they may be sued and may be able to utilise the info that has been gleamed from this, not the documents but the knowledge as knowledge as they say is power.

Please Remember This Action Was For The Benefit Of Uk26

He Was The One Needing Advice And Guidence

He Won

Thats All That Matters

lets keep it accurate - he didn't win but I agree with the sentiment

I know it's a bit frustrating not knowing the details,BUT

consider the amount of free help and assistance that everyone has been given through this forum,and then consider where 98% would be had it not been for the existence of the forum and the help freely given by some very knowledgeable people

of course it's a pain in the arse not knowing what went on in detail,but I'm willing to bet that pt2537 will help anyone else in the same, or indeed diffferent, boat should the need arise

I also donated-if the result was the best for UK26,then hats off to all concerned

ranting helps no-one......and indeed the DCA's would just love to see the forum descend into farce and bickering

and who would that help?

not us,that's for sure.

I'm quids in since being a member here from 2006(to the tune of around £10,000 in bank charges alone)--the donation to UK26 fighting fund was very small fry in return

Good luck to UK26, hope he got what he wanted, no doubt he will pop in when hes ready.

But I won't be donating anymore of my money to individual cases.

The man should of been on this forum first thing, saying a big thanks to the people who donated their hard earned cash, because without the donations he might not have got as far as he did.

Spark

PT I have sent you a PM but you need to clear some space to read it.

Vodafone - Default removed (07/01/07).

MBNA - Claim settled with contractual interest and adjusted credit file to show no late payments (12/02/07).

CABOT - Taken to Court by Cabot/Morgan over alleged credit card debt, case dismissed (06/12/10).

Good luck to UK26, hope he got what he wanted, no doubt he will pop in when hes ready.

But I won't be donating anymore of my money to individual cases.

The man should of been on this forum first thing, saying a big thanks to the people who donated their hard earned cash, because without the donations he might not have got as far as he did.

Spark

To be fair he may have other pressing issues we are unaware of.

Whoever said patience is a virtue?

Some posts on this thread have made me angry, especially the mention of this being a con. Regardless of what can or cannot be said pt and UK have had a positive outcome.

The Leeds Losers DIDN'T win, isn't that what's important? I'm sure, in time, the details will be revealed - but until then, can we not all just bask in the glory?

Well done UK for taking this all the way, and hats off to you pt.

I think those who have warned others on here to air on the side of caution when it comes to giving anyone money off/over the internet are totally right

It may not be a con whatsoever etc...

But to just hand over money to someone like that without caution 1st is boardering on the reckless & irresponsible quite frankly.

We all may hate DCA's & want to see them squashed - but please do not let blind hatred get in the way of reality here ;)

Forgive me if im off message here....

But just what exactly are everybody saying "well done" for.:confused:

From what i see here...a load of money has been handed over to an individual & nobody knows whats happened or what has happened to this money.

Its been used in a legal fight against Lowells apparently?

But nobody can be told anything because of confidentiality etc....

Forgive me if i remain suspicious :cool:

[update]

We all arrived at Court on 18th May for the trial to take place.

Lowells offered a Part 36 Settlement, witch covered all the points that the claim was about.

Therefore, we was not able to go to trial due to the part 36 offer or we would have been at risk of being ordered to pay costs in excess of £4,000

We went before the Judge to finalise the settlement

Claim and Counterclaim is now discontinued

[Delay in Response]

over the last few weeks a Family member has been very ill in hospital, today he passed away.

I would like to say thank you to all thoses who helped with the case and the continued supported offered, without you guys i would have been lost

What is a Part 36 Offer?

A party to litigation i.e. a civil dispute or a business dispute which is before the Courts in the UK, that party, whether a claimant or defendant may make a Part 36 Offer under the Civil Procedure Rules (“CPR”) to apply pressure to the other party to settle the dispute early than what otherwise might be the case. A Part 36 Offer is made by one a party to settle the litigation before a hearing and decision by a judge.

Thus, a Part 36 Offer may result in a court dispute settling at an earlier stage which often benefits one or even all parties to the dispute, and provides a tool for the weaker party in litigation to apply pressure to their adversary. Such offers must be in writing and structured in the manner prescribed by Part 36 of the CPR.

Why Make a Part 36 Offer in the Course of Litigation?

For parties to litigation, there are various reasons to consider making a Part 36 settlement offer. For example:

• A strategic and well structured Part 36 Offer may mean that the parties more quickly obtain a satisfactory result in the litigation.

• A Part 36 Offer places pressure on the other party to the litigation (the party to whom the offer is made) to seriously consider the strength of their case, whether they are prepared to settle, or whether they are prepared to risk a costs penalty if the matter goes to hearing and they do not ultimately do better than the offer put to them. For example, if a Claimant with a strong claim makes a Part 36 Offer to a Defendant to settle for 85% of the total claim, a pragmatic Defendant may jump at the chance to settle on this basis in view of the risk that if the claim was heard by a Judge an order would be made for payment of the full amount of the claim.

• Parties are highly likely to save legal costs in the longer term through a quicker settlement of the litigation.

• Exploring settlement prior to hearing can often be advantageous to both parties. At this stage parties can still negotiate towards a compromise suited to their commercial needs, rather than have an “all or nothing” result imposed on them by the Judge or decision maker at a final hearing.

The effectiveness of a Part 36 Offer lies in its ability to place pressure on the party receiving the offer who will know that, if they do not accept your Part 36 offer and fail to beat your Part 36 offer at the hearing, the Court is likely to order that they make a considerably larger contribution to your legal costs than they would otherwise have had to make.

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Just imagine... in six months' time, there may be another 50 poor s*ds on CAG who are being ambushed by Lowells. If their paperwork is in any way deficient, at least PT will know exactly where to strike - he will also have learned an awful lot about their modus operandum.

We may not all have the benefit of the minutiae of the case, but PT ain't the kind of guy to keep his knowledge to himself. People WILL benefit from this.

And please, leave off the donations/refunds issue for a while - UK26 cleary is taking all of this in at present, and will get back to us all soon, I'm sure. At least give the guy a chance to post.

An excellent post Donkey. It's just a pity others would not put their brains into gear before making wild allegations which are without foundation. Obviously they do not have the slightest understanding of the legal system. I for one am more than happy to trust PT and his judgement. I would say Reading betwen the lines that our friends in Leeds were the real losers in this case and will be more wary in the future before issuing silly claims and threats.

An excellent post Donkey. It's just a pity others would not put their brains into gear before making wild allegations which are without foundation. Obviously they do not have the slightest understanding of the legal system. I for one am more than happy to trust PT and his judgement. I would say Reading betwen the lines that our friends in Leeds were the real losers in this case and will be more wary in the future before issuing silly claims and threats.

Well, well, well..you do suprise ODC :rolleyes:

I know you hate Lowells more than anyone on here, but a reality wake up call on your part wouldnt go amiss mate ;)

Hi UK26. I am sorry for the loss of your family member having recently lost a family member i can understand how u feel. I am glad that the agreement you made over this saved you the money and as result got you what you wanted in the end.

My advise to you is take a few days out to sort your head out re the death of your family member and sort your head around the case.

TGM

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks