style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm a bit confused by something that has just changed on my credit report. I've missed 8 months payments (according to Experian, although I calculate this as 6 months) and now it says that the account balance is "settled". Settled on other items on my credit report usually means that I'd paid the account off. I've not got the money to pay the debt so I'm totally flummoxed as to why this has happened. Can anybody tell me what this means? does it mean something else?

cheers.

hi chaps

going through the same thing myself .i filled in a ccj in 2006 with many others at the time while i was having my home repossessed , although they issued settled on my account ,by error i filled in a ccj they issued 5 months later , i believed it belong to another debt and now they are after payment even though my account says settled.:mad:

the only person who inputs this info on your file is the company itself no one else so beware and make sure if you receive anything read it carefully.its hard to issue a ccj against you if your account is settled and closed.:)