Welcome Finance help!!!

minirob1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved SAR from welcome finance and dont quite know what to do know i have looked throught the account statement which i have currently stoppped paying as i believe the balance to be wrong.

After checking throught the statement i have found that out of the £1415.42 they say i owe £1217.65 of it are charges for various things to name some of them are;

Fee assessment - varying amounts?

Telephone call fee £10 a time

Outside telephone call fee £25 a time

Direct debit cancelled fee £20

Capitalisation - varying amounts

Add hoc fee - varying amounts

Letter fee - £10

Now the letter fee and telephone calls are self explanatory although expensive but the rest i dont understand what is capitalisation, add hoc, and fee assessment and what difference is there between an outside telephone call and why does it cost so much more than a normal one.

Also when i sent them the letter for SAR I asked them to prove the phone calls they have charged me for some of which they have but many are not recorded I am also quite disgusted to see that some of the calls are charged even when im not there to answer the phone.

What do i do now?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Rob

Hi Rob

The capitalisation is a mixture of interest and charges. If you've been charged, you'll see Capitalisation immediately above that.

The outside call fee is for doorstep visits.

I'm not sure what the ad-hoc fees are or the fee assessments, hopefully someone else will be here soon to advise.

Are you reclaiming charges?

if not

you should be

and don't forget the 8%!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes you can. Just send a letter asking for them to be returned plus 8% interest (court would award), ask them that unless they can prove it costs the company £10 for a letter and phone call etc, you would like it all returned.

Ad Hoc fee is code for bulls**t fee - it's when they want to make out they are charging you for doing something wrong that you haven't actually done.

Letter to reclaim charges is in the template letter forum just ammend to suit