Check out Charges - Marriott/Thomas Cook

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, im writing this looking for advise on behalf of my brother as he isnt a member on here and asked for my help.

He has just returned for staying in the Marriott in Sharm el Sheik, Egypt.

On the last day they checked out at 3pm as thier pick up for the airport arrived at 3.30. When checking out they were told that they owed $100 US for a late check out fee. I realise that usually check out is late morning, but this was his 1st holiday abroad and he had no idea. He argued that he was never told and was told by the hotel that they should have been told by the rep or they should have read it in the welcome pack in the room. My brother said there was no welcome pack in the room and actually went back to double check, and there wasnt. He also had not seen the rep all holiday as again he didnt know the meeting times etc.

In the end he paid it as the transfer arrived for the airport but now he is home he feels hard done by.

I have no experience in this area at all but hope somebody can tell me if there is anything he can do about it? He thought maybe write to either the hotel or the travel company but he wasnt sure so or what to say...

Any advice very welcome..thanks all!

HSBC - £1550 recieved

HSBC (2) - £1050 recieved.

HSBC Credit card- MCOL filed

Barclays Current account - MCOL filed

MBNA - LBA sent, 25% offer made.

Paragon Retail Finance - Data Protection Act sent

Anybody any ideas?

HSBC - £1550 recieved

HSBC (2) - £1050 recieved.

HSBC Credit card- MCOL filed

Barclays Current account - MCOL filed