Garage ripped me off.I need advice to tackle this. please help

shez37
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I purchased a vehicle from a garage just over 3 weeks ago which is a vauxhall tigra 2000. The garage gave me 3 months warranty. I had the vehicle for a week before I broke down. The head gasket went. The vehicle's tempreture gauge only went up and came down before I knew anything I broke down anyway.

I towed the vehicle back to the garage the next morning. The garage said I blew it and it could of cost them 30 pounds to change the pipe which caused the leakage. They later on told me to ring back 3 days later after they had shown it to an engineer. I later phoned the garage up and they said the same thing the pipe was 30 pounds now it was going to cost more.

I went to the garage after the phonecall with my dad. They tried to hold me responsible for blowing the head gasket. But my arguement here is that, they should of provided the vehicle in a good condition as it was described in the advert. they have checked the car before selling it to me. They knew the fault from before. I could tell by when I towed the vehicle first without even looking at the car they told me what has caused it and how much it could of cost to fix it. And even told me that they were not mechanics. SO they obviously knew the fault from before.

They qouted 500 pounds to get it fixed and thats with discounts as they work with another garage they said to me.

They also said they will pay halfs.

I said I have a think about it and let them know.

I went to other garages and spoke to them and they said it costs 50 pounds in parts and the price of labour depends on where you get it. I heard people charge 200 pounds or even less!

The garage tried to look genuine whereas they where making me pay for all the repairs eventhough I had warranty even though it was thier fault!

The garage I heard from mechanics when I spoke to them asked me where I brought the vehicle from. I said LMC. they where suprised as this place had been up in the local newspaper for selling dodgy cars. This made me feel sick!

A few days later I went in with a mechanic and had a letter written of what steps should of been took before selling a vehicle to a customer. I asked for a refund they refused. tried to hold me responsible. I said the vehicle was not technically in good condition as it was described. both sides were going in circles without having anything sorted out. The vehicle's part was below manufacturing standards and wasnt checked properly. The vehicle had the MOT done a day before I picked it up and the dates are wrong aswell.

I later said ok see you in court. The smiley faced owner later turned into a monster towed my car out of thier garage where it had been for 10 days and dumped it somewhere with out my permission. I now dont know where the car is which this led me reporting it to the police. Which I am not taking responsibility of this car if anything happens.

let me wrap it up

broke down in 1 week

vehicle wasnt in a good condition as it was described in advert.

have 3 months warranty

payed more than 400 pounds for its current market valuation for what? to get ripped off by these cowboys

refused to refund my money

and my vehicle dumped somewhere which I dont have a clue of its location and they left it unattended.

So what can I do know please give me some advice. Where do i legally stand?

also when I put a deposit on to this vehicle that day. I took the car for a test drive that was only me pulling out and stopping. because no fuel.

My argument here is I didint go for private so that I wouldnt end up in a situation like this. I go to a garage which I pay more money and get warranty. I end up with a garage not doing thier responsibilities,. Not changing the parts that should of been changed in to manufacturing standards. And dealing with this situation very badly

How much did you pay for the car? £400. I presume it is insured now, in case something happens to it.

You need to report it the police that they have taken your car and wont tell you what they have done with it.

Also you need to write to them rejecting the car and you want your money back, as it has serious fault and give them 7 days to respond or you will take them to small claims court.

Hi thank you for your reply. I payed £1,995 to it. And its insured fully comp. Ive written them a letter about rejecting the vehicle and also said arrnage a time on next week thrusday so that I could come over and pick up the cash and also give them the cd player face. I also mentioned if they dont reply within 7 days stating a time of when I should pick up the cash then I will take them to court.

• 2 weeks later...

I have recieved two letters from these guys saying things that didint even come out of my mouth. In the first letter it says that I have driven the car in that condition and didint bring it back when I should have. I have done about 600 miles and the car was fine for a week. it had enough fluid in it and did not cause a problem. It was a week later in the evening when the tempreture gauge went up and came down. This was a point when I was preparing to stop and the next second there was smoke coming out. thats what I have said.

Ive seen my car back at thier garage. also since the first dayI have purchased the car which was back in April I still havent recieved the logbook.