Brought car and have problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I brought a second hand car on sunday. From an advert I saw on gumtree.

The guy told me the car had a new clutch, and it drived ok so I brought it (took it for a very small test drive).

Later that night, the clutch starts to let off a really loud nasty squeek when I press it, or go over bumps to rough. Asked a garage and they told me I will need a new clutch, yet the guy said its got a new one.

So I did a search on this forum and saw that I should just tell him what i expected and I want my money back, well his attitute is "lol, im not a trader so that ladeda dont apply to me".. Yet, he sells cars often enough he should be a trader :(

So what can I do?

Was it stated in the add about the clutch or just what he said, if so it would be his word against yours; not much help! you can get your money if it was misdescribed or misrepresented! your protection is limited in private sales.

If he regularly sells cars, as a trader then the cars will unlikeley to be registered to him; little you can do if it was registered in his name. Checked MOT and VOSA site for any other probs such as clocking!