Woolfie v's Vodafone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some advice please. Last August I took out a vodafone contract for my daughter. It was the deal where she only gets the sim and its a 30 day contract. At the time we were concerned that she could potentially run up a huge bill so Vodafone offered us a credit limit facility which meant she couldnt run up a bill over the £20 a month we were paying.

The first problem happened in Oct when she (foolishly) signed up for something on the internet which took her over her limit and her phone got blocked. I called Vodafone and they unblocked the phone and all went back to normal untill this month when when we got a bill for £175.

I called Vodafone and they explained that the call limit thing was removed back in Oct to get the bar removed and I would have to have asked to get it put back on. On a second call i was told that they stopped offering the service.

They are saying that it was my responsibility to keep tabs on the calls which on the face of it is true however my argument is that I should have been told that the call limit service had been removed where by my daughter would have been back on pay as you go faster than you can say premium rate calls.

I am intending to fight this but I would like to know if anyone has any advice.

Thanks

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I am still waiting for a call from a manager. Just spoke to an advisor who offered me £60 but I am holding out for full settlement. Mrs Woolfie and I both have contract phones with them and spend £50 a month with them. we have been with them for about 8 years!!

Lot of money!!

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The credit limiting is their for THEIR benefit, not yours. Some dealerships were selling this incorrectly as a 'feature' but even so, this was never a true service for customers to use, and as you say, is no longer available.

The reason why it was so nonsensical, is that when roaming abroad, it was often up to a week before high charges hit, and blocking the handset after the event was unsuccessful and it caused the same disputes you are now complaining about.

They've offered you a goodwill gesture - I'd consider taking it, as they are not under any allusion that they have to better it, or meet you in full. The olny way you will get the protection you need is to go to PAYG, not a 30-day contract.

• Haha 1

Just to let you know they took £155 off the bill as a goodwill gesture!! I had a long chat with the manager and she said she had looked at my accounts and knew i wasnt a chancer!!