Lowell finacial and lowell portfolio

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone whos reading

im new to this and was just looking for some advice on a debt tryin to be collected by lowell portfoilio.

i had a credit card of capital one 5 1/2 years ago, i was only 17 when i took out the agreement i just changed my date of birth on the application and capital never checked my real age.

i am now recieving letters from lowell portfolio asking for 1370.40 collecting on the behalf of lowell finacial, they are asking me to ring them to arrange payment.

has anyone any advice for me, as what to send them, seeing as a i have never had any contact with them up until two weeks ago and today i recieved a second letter i have never replied to anything from them and i was only 17 when the credit was taken out, i dont know if i was breking the law by changing me age or if they were equally wrong in giving me credit card. i know that usually a credit agreement signed by a minor is invalid but dont know if that is true with this too.

id be so gratefully for any advice from anyone with experience in these matters, as i dont know where to go from here.

thankyou for any comments you have about this

chris

Hello and Welcome, Chris.

I'll move this thread to the DCA Forum, you'll get help in there.

If thats your real name, I'd suggest you change it, as Banks ect are known to troll this site.

Send me a pm, and I'll get it changed for you.

EDIT: Thread moved.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Chris,

TUT TUT! :D Give yourself a smack on the wrist for falsifying your age however I don't think it really matters anymore.

Golden rules for dealing with the Leeds Losers.

1) Never speak to them on the phone unless you can record the calls

2) When writing, always send by Recorded delivery. A paper trail is oh so important.

3) Never sign anything. Only print your name and

4) NEVER SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE:)

Have a look at this link

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

It has a few letters you could use. Personally I would send letter 7 (CCA request)

Send it with a £1 postal order-no cheques

Give them 12+2 working days to respond.

They will bluff and bluster for a while and hopefully they won't be able to supply the agreement then they can politely foxtrot oscar (the politely bit is for the benefit of GamekeepertoPoacher :D)

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Five and a half years without any contact!

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of obtaining a credit card by deception, I am of the opinion that Lowells are pretty near the bottom end of the scale when it comes to 'effective' DCA's.

Clearly it has taken a while for them to trace you, and as you have stated you haven't responded to any of their letters, Lowlifes are very well known on here.

In my opinion, if it were me, I would continue to ignore them and simply sit out the remaining six months when the debt will become SB.

However your circumstances will clearly be different to mine, and your conscience and morales also!;)

So you may decide the option of paying your debt is preferred.

As the fox has already said, your best course of action would be to send them a CCA request, this will undoubtedly drag it out a while longer, but not 6 months longer, and whilst the invariably will default on the 12+2 days to respond, they are unable to take any legal action to recover the alleged debt. And if they go beyond 40 days, they will have committed a seperate offence altogether!:eek:

Post back here if you need any further help with whatever course of action you decide is right, especially when they default on serving you with a 'valid' CCA:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thankss for the advice, do u think its best to just wait til they threaten to send soemone to my door before i send them the letter not acknoloding the debt, and do i need to write something on the top of the letter and the back of the postal order. and is it true that a credit agreement signed by a minor is invalid or does that not apply here??

I Would Keep Quiet On The Age Thing

Do The Cca Request

Lets See If In Total This Can Be Draged Out For 6 Months

Can You Be More Specific The Last Time You Used The Card Or Made A Payment To Cap 1

the last tiem i used the card was over 5 and half years ago and the last payment i made would be a month or so longer, i have never had any contact from capital one over it as i moved house soon after, and the letter says lowell bought the debt in 2006, but recently is the first contact ive had from them!

have you had any contact with lowell

have you spoken to them on the phone or sent a letter

i have ahd no contact what so ever, ive just filled the letters away adn done nothign about it yet, thought id get some advice before doing anything,

what happens if they start threatening me with bailiffs and such?? i shall head your advice and do nothing for the time being and see where they take it from here. thanks everyone for advice so far, ill check this regurlarly to see if any more advice has been given adn ill update you all on any contact i get from them

they threaten to hang draw and quarter

only a court can instruct baliffs etc not lowells

if you get a county court n1, we can help

its all threatograms so relax

debt avoidence is not what cag is about but the right to collect

also i am concearned on the age aspect and fraud

do nothing, keep quiet

if by a miricle you get a court claim,

give a shout

what happens if they start threatening me with bailiffs and such??

they probably will.dont be fooled.read as much as you can on these cretins.

usual empty threats/threatograms designed to scare a payment out of you.

they have not got a hope in hell in getting a crap 1 cca.

take that route and they will soon be offering once in a life time discount.

would ignore till next begging letter.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

I agree, I have been waiting for Lowlifes to honour their threat of coming to collect my doorstep for over a year now! Still got my doorstep:p

Just ignore them, file the threatogrammes away.

All the relevant letter templates are here, have a read, but don't send any yet. Wait and see what their next move is, then in six months time when the debt is sold to a new DCA you can send them the SB letter;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

they wanted my doorstep.cleaned it twice and they never turned up:rolleyes:

wonder when they spy here and read the comments if they ever realise how laughable,and so predictable they are.:D

thanks again everyone for you replies, helped me out alot, didnt expect such a great and quick response. wil just leave it for now and see wat happens ill keep you all posted on what happens in the long run, and when they send me another letter so you all know how its going

• 2 weeks later...

okay everyone they sent me a letter saying they will send an agent to my door, i know you al reckon thsi is a scare tactic and not to worry, but just wanted to know what advise you have in case they actually come to my door, just wont to make sure im prepared for any eventuality,

Hi,

If they do happen to turn up, have this letter by the door ready to give them.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-

The chances are they won't turn up, (they never did for me and I waited in all day :()

Don't bother posting the letter to them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yes, print off the template letter silverfox linked for you, then if they do turn up a) I'll eat Brains Faggots:(

Just hand it to them and shut the door.:p

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

• 1 month later...

hi i havent posted for a while, ive had a few letters from lowell threatening to take me to court over the debt, now they have sent a letter saying this is my last chance to settle up before they pass it on to there legal team, wat do u think i sould do now??

hi i havent posted for a while, ive had a few letters from lowell threatening to take me to court over the debt, now they have sent a letter saying this is my last chance to settle up before they pass it on to there legal team, wat do u think i sould do now??

still ignore,not long 4 statute barred:)

it will be the scary hampton not so legal team next.

wait a little longer,then request cca if need be,they will soon scuttle off.