Anyone know about travel warrants?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother has been given a travel warrant by his college (I think) to go for an apprenticeship interview in two weeks.

Does anyone know how these work? He's not the brightest star in the sky, bless, so I don't trust him to make the right enquiries elsewhere. I just spent ten minutes on the phone to National Rail Enquiries and they haven't even heard of them:roll:.

What's needed is the following info:

1. The warrant has a specific date on it. Can he get the ticket BEFORE the date of travel or does it have to be on that date?

2. Will he need any ID with him either to produce the warrant or with the tickets when he gets them or shows them to the conductor (i.e - is there any info on the ticket such as name or a reference number or is it just a normal ticket like what you buy?)

Thanks peeps

He won't need any ID to redeem to warrant, and yes he can get the ticket before the day but the ticket will have to be for the date on the warrant.

Do not make any alterations to the warrant, as that will invalidate it.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

Cheers - I know that the ticket can only be used on the day stated.

So if he goes to the ticket office, hands in the warrant, he gets a normal train ticket? I take it that nothing else is needed when travelling - i.e, can the conductor say "How do I know that's yours?" - just that my brother's a bit of a (lovable) rogue and often gets pulled up on things like that!

What I mean is, if my brother handed the warrant over, got the tickets, is there anything on the ticket that requires ID or does it have any details on it? His girlfriend is going with him and I have a sneaky suspicion that he is going to give her the tickets exchanged for the warrant and use his student card to buy his own ticket. I don't want him to get into trouble.

Sorry if I sound a bit thick!

It is not strictly true to say there is nothing on the ticket that identifies it as purchased by someone using a warrant, because if the ticket is issued correctly there can be a relevant indicator.

I'm not going to comment on your other remark, but the SRPO response is correct, you will not usually need to show any ID.

Well it's all ok now. He's got the tickets and his girlfriend isn't even going now so I know he won't get into trouble.

Thanks for the help.