MD78 v Aktiv Kapital, help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st post take it easy with me :)

also wanna say how great you guys are on helping so many people out and wonder just how much money you all have saved people!!

received a phone call a few days ago saying i had an outstanding debt from an adress i lived at about 9-10 years ago.at the back of mind i recall something but cant remember what it was for and said on the phone i had no idea what it was and told them i would wait for a letter and get back to them from there....

received the letter today does'nt state any dates when it was from just says Aktiv Kapital has bought it off first national tricity.

has an agreement number and balance of £183 and to contact them immediately.

should i ring them?

any help i will be very greatfull

ty in advance

should i ring them?

NO !!!

Hello and Welcome, MD78.

I'll move your post to start a new thread in the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

1st post take it easy with me :)

also wanna say how great you guys are on helping so many people out and wonder just how much money you all have saved people!!

received a phone call a few days ago saying i had an outstanding debt from an adress i lived at about 9-10 years ago.at the back of mind i recall something but cant remember what it was for and said on the phone i had no idea what it was and told them i would wait for a letter and get back to them from there....

received the letter today does'nt state any dates when it was from just says Aktiv Kapital has bought it off first national tricity.

has an agreement number and balance of £183 and to contact them immediately.

should i ring them?

any help i will be very greatfull

ty in advance

Dont ring these fools

If you do not recognise the debt send em a later stating you do not recognise this debt.

Also if this is from that long ago then it is staute barred anyway so you could cut to the chase and send the statute barred letter

WIll post these up shortly or someone will beat me to it

• Haha 1

Dont ring these fools

If you do not recognise the debt send em a later stating you do not recognise this debt.

Also if this is from that long ago then it is staute barred anyway so you could cut to the chase and send the statute barred letter

WIll post these up shortly or someone will beat me to it

thankyou for the quick reply PGH

so statute barred in english terms means the debt gets written off because there has been no communication for over 6 years?

have i understood that correctly?

thx again

Hi,

If a lender allows time to pass without receiving any payment an action for recovery may become barred.

Under the Limitations Act 1980 the time limits are

In simple contracts, 6 years

In contracts under seal, 12 years.

If the debtor acknowledges the debt in writing or makes a part payment within the original limitation period, then the time limits start to run again from the date of acknowledgement or the date of payment.

To sum up, basically once a debt becomes statute barred it is up to the debtor whether or not they wish to pay the debt. A debt can not become unstatute barred.

Send letter 'M' from the library...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Send it recorded and don't sign it.

Regards.

Scott.

letter sent off today anyone any idea if or when i will receive something back?

im guessing they will leave it hanging for weeks before replying?

• 2 weeks later...

i was a bit late sending letter off as had alot on here and kinda forgot but sent it off friday and was told they will receive it on monday so will be interesting to see how they reply!!

they have certainly upped the amount of times they call everyday now since wednesday :-x

basically have told them every time they ring that i wont confirm the information they require and will only deal with this in writing!!

just want some confirmation that im doing the right thing so far? :|

Yes, just wait until they respond, in writing :)

Regards.

Scott.

just a quick update........

received a letter today with a superb offer off a 60% discount!!!! :lol:

in other words a begging letter saying please give us a little bit of money or were gonna lose out even though they would of received the statute barred letter.

just goes to show what price they pay for these debts off the original companies!!

im still receiving daily phone calls and getting quite pee'ed off with em to be honest last 2 days its been at 8-15AM :x

if they phone tommorow im gonna say "can you hold on a second why i just go get my tape recorder :lol: see if that stops em!!! :grin:

you guys rock after reading through some of the other posts i never realised how much fun this can be when you actually know what is right and wrong!! :)

When did you send the SB letter and what date is their latest begging letter?

i sent it may 29th and lady in post office said they would receive it monday the 1st june

surprise surprise the date on the letter i received today is the 1st

it has to be an ohh popp he knows its SB'ed but lets try 1 more time letter

i sent it may 29th and lady in post office said they would receive it monday the 1st june

surprise surprise the date on the letter i received today is the 1st

it has to be an ohh popp he knows its SB'ed but lets try 1 more time letter

You will be due another letter. An example has been posted before. It will be a final attempt to ask for payment as a moral obligation.

just a very quick update.........

im obviously just going to ignore the last letter recieved and not had no phone call today.1st day they have missed in 5 or 6 :D

anyone wanna stagger a guess on which company it will be next? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

been very quiet since my last post BUT............

just got off the phone to them again they are saying they have'nt received the letter i sent but on track and trace it was signed for by a mr reid :lol:

im pretty firm and dont give in easily as a person and them degrading me im not bothered about so.......when they ask me for my security questions next time they phone,im going to ask them a question 1st....."is it ok for you to chase a statue barred debt?" would love to hear him hum and har :lol:

they guy basically put the phone down on me cos i just kept saying you have received it