Bailiffs and Enforcement with police a Horror Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just experienced this very same situation from Marstons. Whilst having tea last night at 8pm there was an extremely loud knock on my door, when I opened up I was confronted with two scary SAS style men complete with bullet proof vests, My car had been clampted in the street and their large white van was parked in the middle of the street. I was asked for £501 for a parking ticket that had been £30. I was refused when I asked to read the warrant. One of the men rang a tow truck on his mobile. They had previously knocked on a neighbours door, my neighbours are now out in the street. I rang the police. On the telephone the policeweoman told me not to let them into my house. 4 policemen and one policewoman arrive in the street. I bring 2 officers in the house and the other officers are talking to the bailiffs. Within 2 seconds the bailiffs are in my house demanding I call someone to lend me the money if I didn't have it. I asked the bailiffs to leave and the policewoman tells me to calm down, one of the policemen actually told me I had only 2 choices, pay them or let them take my car. He wasnt sure what was on the warrant cos of biro all over it but said it was a real warrant. I now have 7 people in my house, I was shaking and crying, I paid cash in front of them all and was given a receipt.

Bailiffs and police leave, the parting shot of the bailiff was " they dont call them distress warrants for nothing"

I signed nothing only the receipt. I had a massive panic attack when they left, have been to Drs today blood pressure is sky high.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just experienced this very same situation from Marstons. Whilst having tea last night at 8pm there was an extremely loud knock on my door, when I opened up I was confronted with two scary SAS style men complete with bullet proof vests, My car had been clampted in the street and their large white van was parked in the middle of the street. I was asked for £501 for a parking ticket that had been £30. I was refused when I asked to read the warrant. One of the men rang a tow truck on his mobile. They had previously knocked on a neighbours door, my neighbours are now out in the street. I rang the police. On the telephone the policeweoman told me not to let them into my house. 4 policemen and one policewoman arrive in the street. I bring 2 officers in the house and the other officers are talking to the bailiffs. Within 2 seconds the bailiffs are in my house demanding I call someone to lend me the money if I didn't have it. I asked the bailiffs to leave and the policewoman tells me to calm down, one of the policemen actually told me I had only 2 choices, pay them or let them take my car. He wasnt sure what was on the warrant cos of biro all over it but said it was a real warrant. I now have 7 people in my house, I was shaking and crying, I paid cash in front of them all and was given a receipt.

Bailiffs and police leave, the parting shot of the bailiff was " they dont call them distress warrants for nothing"

I signed nothing only the receipt. I had a massive panic attack when they left, have been to Drs today blood pressure is sky high.

Now, this is exactly the same story again. I am so sorry for you and this totally unnecessary terror you must have gone through. Where did this happen? I mean which council and county/town do you have. My story was in Croydon and the bailiffs name was Chapman. Also, it is now established that the police does, maybe unwittingly, assist the bailiff, which is against their own guidelines. You can mail me privately through Consumer Forum and we can discuss what action(s) to take.

Now, take a deep breath and a nice cup of tea and we shall sort these morons out.

Gustavius

Hi There,

Thank you for your kind reply Gustavious Rex. Not quite ofay with the site yet so dont know how to PM you.

It happened on Merseyside, Liverpool City Council. The Bailifs name is Shuttler. I have sent forms TE7 and TE9 to Northampton also Subject Access Request to Marstons ( this info I gleaned from the internet). I am so angry, distressed and more importantly ill after this experience I would even say I feel violated and abused. I want to go all the way on this one , the money is not my only motivation.

I called the police in this instance and it worked against me, the bailiff was allowed to walk into my house due to the police, in my shock I listened to the advice of an officer of the law. The police at no time asked anything of the bailiff re charges etc. I never saw any identification from either bailiff, I never saw the warrant as they wouldn't give it to me.

I couldn't remember the ticket and I definately didn;t recieve any letter from Marstons.

I am desperate to move things forward whilst the full impact is still with me but feel frustrated that I have to wait for info before I can do that.

I would nlikem to put in a complaint re the police too.

Hi Molly,

You have, obviously, read my thread and it is a pity that you did not have the opportunity to read it before your confrontation with the bailiff. However, the past is the past and one should never dwell on what was. The right thing now is to look forward and determine what actions you may take. You can, most certainly, file a complaint against both the bailiff and the police. The fact that the police did not follow their own procedures, as was the case in my dealings as well, makes a complaint justifiable. The police must inform the bailiff about his obligations and your rights. They are obliged to inform the bailiff that he cannot enter your premises unless invited in. l do'nt know if the police is just badly informed or if they are actively collaborating with the bailiff because they see you as a delinquent. lt is a very strange situation, but, in my opinion not unusal and possibly brought on by the general hollowing out of human rights here. lt seems that as a cictizen less equal you shall be treated as guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. Money rules and if you are not a Fred the Shred you can be treated like any other Brazilian Electrician, i.e. never mind we shot you by ''mistake'' you were an illegal and as such, well tough s..t.

There is an internet site called ''screw the bailiff'' and if you go there you will find all the template letters you require to have a go at all of them. But please, make sure you consult here and have all your little ducklings lined up before you proceed.

Keep in touch

Gustavius

Edited by gustavius rex
miss

Having read quite a few bailiff horror stories I thought that I had just one relatively sane bailiff turn up due to the fact that I'm female and therefore posed little or no threat. But obviously there's no logic with these people!

Totally outrageous! Hope BP's normalised now.

I have checked out the screw the bailiff and its great - clarifies a lot of the legal stuff, in some cases judges see fit to award damages so good luck!

My problem is that in the end you only get to vent your anger at some semi-litterate knuckel dragging moron. The real swine, responsible for all the misery people have to endure will, as usual, get away scot free. No local politician will take responsibility for the actions of these awful companies and their henchmen. The story is always the same;..''oohh we did'nt know; we checked them out and found them ok; they always operated within the law''...and so on. This must be stopped and l mean totally stopped. No-one should have to endure what is now happening, it is not right and as l've stated so many times, eventually it will only further the attitudes already emerging..the grab what you can if you are stronger than the other..mentality. This is dangereous and actually very anti-social.

Gustavius

• 2 weeks later...

l can see that we do have the same problem with Marstons turning up time after time. ls it not time to do something radical soon? There are so many of us now, that l am convinced we should be able to cause a stir if not a full revolution. Let us start with displaying the names of all those corrupt politicians who supported the bill proposing extended powers for the bailiffs. Then, let us check up all their interests and outside appointments. Finally, let us post each politicians name and reason for voting in favour of this particularily nasty bill.

GR

THis seems to be a common tactic you let the police in , then the bailiffs follow in through the open door , surely the answer is don't let the plod in , do they have a legal right of entry , can you refuse to answer the door to the police or insist on talking to them outside or through a window , what are your rights ?

The problem is the police. Most of us still respects the police and do try to treat them accordingly. Consequently, when the police oversteps like in my and Mollyrose's case, the problem becomes very serious. lf you cannot trust the police and be sure that they execute their duties and obligations in a correct and lawful manner, what do you do? Obviously, you can no longer open the door for the police nor can you be an illegal Brazilian electrician taking the underground or a newspaper seller on your way home by way of a demonstration, so what's left? Oh, l know; you can be a MP claiming for non existant mortgages, or a banker running a perfectly healthy bank in the ground or a neanderthalian bailiff swatting your way in to someones home! That's ok'

GR

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Got some real bad (or perhaps good news) the swat clad ''bailiff'' that assaulted me is not certificated as a Marston bailiff or even independant self employed bailiff. This makes me wonder, how on this earth could marston send a neandertaler like that to collect and the man is not even certified? He had all the correct paper work, but, the police never checked his credentials out and l, fool as l am, never made sure either as l was convinced the plod had ensured themselves all was kosher. Will now start to work from this angle, but, would appreciate advice as how to best proceed.

Gustavius

• 4 weeks later...

THEY ARE AT IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THESE BAILIFF SERVICE COMPANIES MUST BE RUN AND STAFFED BY ABSOLUTE MORONS.

Yesterday l received ''visiting'' letters from two different bailiff's for alleged traffic offences and both made the same unlawful claims. Both are for parking tickets some time back and, although, different bailiff's, they charge outrageous sums for ''attendance''. No levies have been made, no one has gained entry and still they charge like £200.00 for attendance/levy/enforcement costs. Will they never learn? Obviously not and now they have permitted me to have a lot of fun. lt shall be a pleasure to see what the response shall be when l inform them about their errors and what the court will say about their attempt to derfraud me of fantasy sums for work not carried out. However, in this era of fraudulent claims, maybe, the court will find that this is alright and that no unlawful activity has occured? Maybe l should have paid for someones moat to be cleaned too?

Gustavius

Quote:

Originally Posted by gustavius rex viewpost.gif

Bailiff gets foot over threshold (illegal)

Not illegal if the bailiff is certificated. Phone the Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355 and ask which court issued his certificate.

I dont know if this illegal or not as there has been lots of aurguments about this proceedure, However when I took a bailiff to court for doing just such a thing the Judge found " by placing his foot in the exterior door and the interior flat door of miss S*****'s home exceeded his authority"

Now if a judge is saying that then could be classed as illegal perhaps.. and way basically its a no no

Hi all,

Got some real bad (or perhaps good news) the swat clad ''bailiff'' that assaulted me is not certificated as a Marston bailiff or even independant self employed bailiff. This makes me wonder, how on this earth could marston send a neandertaler like that to collect and the man is not even certified? He had all the correct paper work, but, the police never checked his credentials out and l, fool as l am, never made sure either as l was convinced the plod had ensured themselves all was kosher. Will now start to work from this angle, but, would appreciate advice as how to best proceed.

Gustavius

They sent an uncertified bailiff:eek: sounds to me like you have marstons by the short and curlies.. have you written and complained to them yet about this...

the foot in a doorway is set out in the OFT as illigal.

but a magistrates bailiff has 6 months to register as wrong as that is.

surely though when waiting these six months they cant carry out the proceedures of what a certified bailiff can do???:confused:

Hi Guys,

Nice to be back in action again, this after a longer period of serious illness. Now, this guy, is/was not a magistrates certificated bailiff, why, the police should have verified his legitimacy at the time of the incident. Further, swatman accepted payment over the phone by way of a debit card and l can see no way of that being lawful. However, we shall see how Marston responds as l'm now in full swing and have accumulated enough evidence and legal backing to proceed. The same goes for the other two morons who are not much better than semilegal blackmailers. One thing is for sure, l'm not paying a penny and will drag this one out forever. The point is to file claims in the small court, i.e. up to £1,500.00 per incident. Will let you all know how things will develop.

Gustavius

surely though when waiting these six months they cant carry out the proceedures of what a certified bailiff can do???:confused:

They can act as a certified bailiff, this is somthing i had a meeting with the shadow minister about a few weeks ago and to be fair to him he has the same thoughts as we do, and over the next month or so we will be putting it to the justice secretary. as i also think the whole bailiff and HCE trade is wrong in every way.

Hi Guys,

Nice to be back in action again, this after a longer period of serious illness. Now, this guy, is/was not a magistrates certificated bailiff, why, the police should have verified his legitimacy at the time of the incident. Further, swatman accepted payment over the phone by way of a debit card and l can see no way of that being lawful. However, we shall see how Marston responds as l'm now in full swing and have accumulated enough evidence and legal backing to proceed. The same goes for the other two morons who are not much better than semilegal blackmailers. One thing is for sure, l'm not paying a penny and will drag this one out forever. The point is to file claims in the small court, i.e. up to £1,500.00 per incident. Will let you all know how things will develop.

Gustavius

Please do

Setback! Just found out that the bailiff in question is certificated and that since Jan. 2008. Now, why this was not included in the register when l originally checked up, l do not know, but, the fact is that he is. Sorry about that, as it is a bit sloppy of me not to have re-affirmed earlier.

GR

Setback! Just found out that the bailiff in question is certificated and that since Jan. 2008. Now, why this was not included in the register when l originally checked up, l do not know, but, the fact is that he is. Sorry about that, as it is a bit sloppy of me not to have re-affirmed earlier.

GR

His certificate will be back dated as to when he started, so dont be hard on yourself.

LFB

Here we go!! The package is ready and with a bit of editing ready to go. l have finally managed to get everything together and, although, it has been a while, l think it's been a worthwhile wait as l now have a nice set of documents. l shall keep you all up to date re. the progress.

GR

Have reviewed some of the threads with similar content to my own and it seems there is a common experience expressed in most of them. The police will not investigate and no-one will really hold bailiff's indulging in unlawful behaviour to account. As l have not had any response from the various bailiff's l'm dealing with yet, it is to early for me to act, but, l would like you all to know that l will not give up and l shall persue these morons to the bitter end. There is no way we should let this just go away and accept the police authorities feeble response to acts that would render normal citizens serious problems by bailiff's. To arms guys and do not give up, but, carry on until someone, be it police or other authorities, will be forced act.

GR

A bit of up-dating. Had a few new tickets forwarded through bailiff's Merton and DKB Collections. Both with hefty and suspect charges why l sent off two letters with a demand for a Statement of Truth that their charges were lawful and met all current legislation. So, what happend? DKB Collections returned to me with a new NOTICE OF BAILIFF ATTENDANCE stating as follows:

''We have attended your premises today with a removal vehicle and a WARRANT OF EXECUTION issued by the Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton County Court for an unpaid Penalty Charge issued by Transport for London (hand written).

We will return WITHOUT NOTICE with a suitable vehicle to levy and remove goods if the amount shown is not paid immediately.

Penalty Charge incl. Court fee £185.00

Letter Fee £12.88

Cost for First Attendance/Levy £63.25

Cost for second Attendance/Levy £67.85

Cost for Third Attendance/Levy ------

Enforcement Fee £172.50

Total Amount Due £501.48

Some more bull s..t name of moron and a phone number.

Do they never learn or are they so completely ignorany, arrogant and certain in their own rights that they think they can get away with this?

ln my letter to these vultures l made it very clear that if l did not have a satisfactory response within 12 days from the date of the letter, (giving these illeterates 7 working days to spell themselves through some sort of response), l would without failure send off all the complaints including a form 4. What can you do?

GR

gustavius rex

I have just read your entire thread. And this after about ten previous hours on the sodding computer dealing with BT server being broken and not delivering mail for a WEEK.

So, too exhausted to write much but you and I really need to get together.

I have a passionate hatred of bailiffs & parking fines system as constructed by corrupt govmnt.

For at least nine years I have thrown away every parking ticket, never paid for any parking on purpose and tell bailiffs to **** off and stop being parasites. They haven't had a penny from me in that time.

If everyone did as I did there would be no parking fine system.

If you think you are determined to get them then multiply that several times for me. I have had a number of experiences in this area and others which have now made me a complete anarchist activist just waiting to explode.

If there is one thing I cannot stand, It is nasty govmnt inflicting all this crap on us. and absolutely everything in your thread is down to govmnt which is the agency that has delegated out all this poison inflicted on us.

Please keep in touch with me for when I can better articulate my wish to assist you and you assist me and possibly achieve a bit more than you state so far.

Look at my blog for a bit of an idea about m e

Rocket